easy eats and easy plank

Before we get to my eats, how hot did Lori look in that red dress? Looking good sis!

Warning my eats yesterday were pretty boring, haha. Sometimes it is just the way it is.

Meal 1 – post-workout smoothie (1 banana, water, brown rice protein, handful fresh parsley, mint, and romaine)

M2: peach and coffee

M3: unpictured – a big plate of oven roasted broccoli (cooked in coconut oil and cinnamon) and salmon drizzled with 1 tbsp coconut oil

M4: another peach

M5: protein thin mint

M6: simple squash avocado salad with cucumber, carrots, dulse flakes, apple cider vinegar, sunflower sprouts, and 2 spoonfuls of hemp seeds

Although my dinner was pretty special! It was Lori and I’s dad’s birthday yesterday, so I took my parents out to celebrate.

M7: SUSHI

We all left the restaurant stuffed! It is always so fun to see my parents eating sushi!

I was home doing some work and saw this post from Katie, and knew it must be a sign for me to have some chocolate.  Oh how I love pure chocolate bars!

Now onto a new video I filmed a few days ago. Lori and I have received request for more plank workouts for beginners. We have shared one before – plank and bridge post interval workout. So here is another plank workout video for you guys! Share with anyone you may know that is new to planking. (remember when starting a new workout program consult with you doctor and know you own limits)

easy tabata inspired plank interval workout

A great way to get used to holding plank. Give yourself time to get used your core being engaged! And over time challenge yourself to hold it longer. Believe in yourself that you can do it!

And enjoy some chocolate protein cookies after you plank! They are the perfect balance of carbs and protein.

More shout outs!

Emily glad you liked our perfect fit protein hot cocoa!  Which I realized I do not think I have shared here on the blog before. Please forgive me, this is what I did:

Edible Simone is making an epic birthday cake

Jennifer so happy to hear you got to enjoy chocolate chip cookies again!

And Kirstie made our chocolate squash cookies…so happy you and your family enjoyed them!

Lisa enjoyed some socca!! Lisa this is our type of meal.

We love hearing from your guys! xoxo

Now I need your help. This weekend we are having another birthday celebration for my dad (with the rest of the family, well minus Lori, wish you could be here) But our dad is not really a sweets person like the rest of the family, so making him desserts are always tricky. He loves our coconut lime cream cakes.

So Lori and I have been brainstorming what I should make him, any thoughts? Do you have any non-sweet lovers in your family?  If so, what do you tend to make them?

PS. If you want to  more great real time full length workouts. Workouts that won’t take hours out of your busy day yet will give you amazing results. Join our online training club to start your fitness journey.

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

27 Responses to easy eats and easy plank

1. i am the non sweet lover in my house and i usually get bacon haha :)p.s. your hair looks so cute michelle!
    the delicate place recently posted..calling my fellow sushi loversMy Profile

2. I’m a tabata lover and I love using that style to help increase my ability to do harder moves. Great workout. We aren’t really huge sweet eaters either, but we always tend to do a cookie cake or pie or cake of some sort for birthdays. Pies tend to be less on the sweeter side or at least they can be made a little less sweet and you can use fruit, which is my favorite sweet treat! Can’t wait to see what you two come up with!
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Friday FodderMy Profile

3. Sushi is the jam! I need to make that socca recipe :) I’ve never had an issue with a non-sweets lover since my entire family loves every type of food. haha
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..What I Ate WedMy Profile

4. Chris says:

First of all, cute braid! I reallyreallyreally love flourless chocolate cake. Cut way back the sugar (whatever you use for sweetener) I love the fudgy-ness without it being overly sweet (I want to taste good chocolate-not sugar!)…or keep it super simple and make a pretty fruit salad, or a simple baked apple :D

5. That perfect fit protein hot cocoa sounds amazing! I’m definitely going to try that out!
    Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

6. I love the idea of pie, that always sounds more appealing than cake to me (don’t know why). You could always make a sushi “cake” or something that’s not really dessert to celebrate too!
    Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Halloween Treats + Wicked Spicy Sausage Tacos {Recipe}My Profile

7. Katie says:

SERIOUSLY love you girls! You are coming up with amazing recipes lately and I am seeing them all over except for in my belly! Haha!

YAY for some chocolate! I have that exact same bar in my fridge, love it! So good when you are craving a sweet!

Awesome plank workout too, love the pink top! So pretty!

Glad your dad had a good birthday and all that sushi looked AMAZING!

Love you girls!
    Katie recently posted..What I am Loving WednesdayMy Profile

8. Lisa says:

Thanks for the shout:) All your meals are seriously what I tend to eat like, so I love when you share your daily eats. I really want to try out the perfect fit protein, does it taste the same as sunwarrior? because they have pretty much the same ingredients if I remember correctly?
    Lisa recently posted..Nut Buttered UpMy Profile

9. Kierston says:

Have you ever tried the Lindt Sea Salt Dark Chocolate? Oh my mmmmm!

Sushi dinner are my fave!
    Kierston recently posted..WIAW: Post-Fitness Competition Goodies!My Profile

10. lindsay says:

ohh yea! happy birthday goodness! you are a good daughter. and i love that plank workout. I might use it for me core class.

p.s.
    your skin is looking gorgeous!
    lindsay recently posted..WIAW: Food for ThoughtMy Profile

11. Looks like a great way to celebrate your dad’s birthday! I will have to do this plank workout. Love your earrings and the braid girl! xo
    Heather @ Sweetly Raw recently posted..My New Blog and Vegan Pumpkin BlondiesMy Profile

12. I love getting an idea of how people space out their snacks & meals and work their fitness into a given day so thank you so much for sharing. Definitely the inspiration I needed to get off my booty & keep going! :)
    Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie recently posted..Fall On A BudgetMy Profile

13. chris says:

Awesome post!! Thanks for all the ideas. I look forward to having the hot chocolate.

Can you post how to make “warm salads” you referenced in a previous post? I was unable to find it on Instagram.
    Thanks!!!

14. Miz says:

Im STILL such a beginner when it comes to the plankage.
    Miz recently posted..Five tips to STOP night time snacking.My Profile

15. Katie says:

I love rice pudding!! It’s not too sweet, just creamy and I love it with lots of cinnamon mmm. PS thanks for the new plank video!!

16. Sarah says:

All of your meals look soooo good! And that peach….Yum! I have been craving peaches lately too! And what better way to end the night than with some sushi! You definitely know how to eat! I would offer some advice for your dad, but my family has a small, ok HUGE sweet tooth! Have a great night! :)
    Sarah recently posted..Cranberry & Brussels Sprouts Salad with ChickenMy Profile

17. Lou says:

Wow, from the photos, your skin is looking amazing…. how are you two getting on with your anti-acne regime?

I’ve been having a lot of success with a vitamin C- Niacin blend which cleared up a few issues within DAYS…. plus vitamin C is just awesome in general.

Yummo, your eats look delicious – love coconut oil!
    Lou recently posted..Food Additive-Awareness (and spreadable fudge-joy)My Profile

• purelytwins says:

thanks Lou, we are doing good with our acne, still get occasional pimples but mostly from stress we feel. Dealing with our scars now, makeup helps ;) Glad you are doing well too! We take niacin too before bed and liking it!

18. I included this great post in my Links You’ll Love piece – http://moicontrelavie.com/2012/10/25/links-youll-love-49/ Keep up the great work!
    Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie recently posted..Links You’ll LoveMy Profile

19. Ozlem says:

Hi there so I have been doing this plan workout and I re ently increased my intervals to 30 seconds with 10 seconds rest in between and I realize that you do not provide fitness advice etc. But I was just curious if you remember how you increased your plank times to 5 minutes (wow I can not imagine 4*30 seconds feels a lot to me right now :) ) Thanks! And love my thin mints by the way. I am considering making them with maca and carob and eliminating cocoa powder alltogether. WE will see :) Thanks.