Looking for light and fluffy chocolate cookies?
Looking for a great cookie that you can snack on anytime of the day?
Today we got a wonderful vegan, gluten free cookie that is full of fiber and protein.
Chocolate Squash Protein Chia Seed Cookies
This cookie recipe was inspired by our pumpkin chocolate chip chia cookie. A reader told us she has been enjoying them, and her comment sparked our interest to revisit that cookie using another winter squash.
Then we just decided to make them chocolate instead of using chocolate chips, and added in protein powder for a protein boost.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (3/4oz)
- ¼ cup amaranth flour (1oz) (or brown rice or sorghum)
- ¼ cup whole chia seeds (1½oz)
- ¼ cup brown rice protein (1oz) (we used perfect fit)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or any sugar of your preference)
- 10 drops stevia, liquid
- ¼ cup coconut oil (liquid)
- ¾ cup squash puree (6oz) (this was homemade and it was thick)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients into bowl, mix together.
- Next stir in the remaining ingredients till the batter comes together.
- Batter will be thick and a little sticky.
- Scoop cookies with cookie scooper or a spoon onto a cookie sheet. You can leave the cookies as rounds or pressed down to your desired thickness of cookie.
- Place in a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Makes about 16 cookies.
Cookies go great with milk (non-dairy milk too), but… they also taste wonderful with yogurt!
These cookies are very soft and cake-like. If you are a person who likes hard and crunchy cookies you may like these cookies better. We love both kinds of cookies hard and soft, but if we had to pick one we would go with a soft cookie.
Happy Friday friends!
till next time,