Brownie Cookie Cake with Cookie Dough Frosting
Need I say more?
I know many of you were waiting for this recipe, but as you can tell I had a lot of pictures to go through and gather my thoughts on how to organize them. I appreciate you all waiting, I promise it was worth it!
Bottom Layer – Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Top Layer – Fudgy Brownies
Frosting – Raw Cookie Dough Cashew Frosting
Gluten-free and vegan chocolate brownie cookie cake with raw cookie dough frosting!!
Now onto making the cake.
It might look difficult but promise it is really easy to make.
Making this cake was actually a lot of fun for me, and I hope it will be fun for you too! And plus, you can sample everything as you make it too. Well at least I did….that is the best part about making things in the kitchen –> sampling your work, right?
Probably the hardest thing about making this brownie cookie cake was flipping it out of the glass baking dish onto the cake stand! I used a large cutting board to flip cake out of baking dish. And then flipped it from the cutting board back to the cake stand very carefully!!!
And cross your fingers it does break!!
I had success thanks to my sister Jen for helping me out.
Inspiration for this cake came from our gluten free chocolate cookie cookie cake recipe.
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake (vegan, gluten-free)
Gluten-free egg-free dairy-free layered brownie chocolate chip cookie cake with a raw cookie dough frosting. A perfect way to say Happy Birthday!
- Directions for cookie cake (bottom layer)
- Make flax gel, place the 3 heaping tablespoons of flax meal into a small bowl with 6 tbsp water. Let site till thick.
- Place dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Add in maple syrup, melted butter, pumpkin puree, and flax gel. Mix till all together. Stir in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
- Spread cookie cake batter into a 7 x 11 baking dish that has been lightly greased.
- Place in fridge.
- Next up brownies: Preheat oven to 325.
- Using the same bowl, place dry ingredients into bowl. Mix together.
- Next add in your wet ingredients – coconut oil, pumpkin, vanilla, and water. Batter will be light yet thick.
- Take cookie cake baking dish out of fridge. Spread brownie layer over cookie cake layer.
- Place in 325 degree oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Toothpick will come out with some brownie batter, as they are fudgy brownies. But not too gooey.
- Let cool while you make your raw cookies and frosting.
Substitutions for the chocolate chip cookie cake:
Can use almond flour for the sweet potato flour.
Can use any gluten free flour for the buckwheat flour.
Or can use 1 3/4 cup of any flour of you choice (gluten free or not)
Want to use eggs? Use 2 eggs instead of flax gel
If you do not have pumpkin puree, you can use applesauce or sweet potato puree.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Substitutions for the brownies:
Can use any gluten free flour blend for the 1 1/4 cups flour for the coconut, brown rice, mesquite, arrowroot, and amaranth.
If do not have pumpkin puree can use sweet potato puree. Applesauce would not really work here, too runny.
As the cake bakes, time to make raw cookie dough!
The key ingredient – coconut butter!
Make sure you take a spoonful or two…for fuel to keep going
YUM! More sampling…love raw cookie dough! Anyone else?
I followed this chocolate chip truffle recipe just made a few changes:
1. used cashews instead of pumpkin seeds as I did not have any on hand
2. used Enjoy Life chocolate chips as I did not have any cacao nibs on hand (which reminds me I need to order some!)
3. and I put the chips in the batter instead of on the outside
Now for the cashew frosting! If you cannot have cashews, use this coconut frosting instead.
Raw vegan cashew frosting
A healthy alternative to sugar filled dairy loaded frostings. Raw vegan dairy-free low sugar cashew frosting made with stevia and coconut butter.
- heaping cup soaked cashews
- 2-3 tsp vanilla extract (use more or less depending on your preference)
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- a few drops of stevia to taste
- Rinse your cashews, then place in blender. Add in your vanilla, water, stevia, and butter. Blend till creamy.
- Scoop out into a bowl and add in your raw cookie dough, as much as you would like.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Again feel free to lick the blender clean. haha Lori and I do this a lot.
This brownie cookie cake with cashew cookie dough frosting will be come your favorite cake to make for any celebration. My whole family enjoyed it! It did not last long, guess I need to make it again.
And I cannot wait for you all to enjoy the cake too!
This cake was rich, dense, and moist. Your tastebuds will be infused with chocolate mixed with a little sweetness. The raw cashew cookie dough frosting just makes the whole cake complete.
I enjoyed each layer all together, as some members of my family ate layer by layer.
How do you eat layered cakes?
Now quickly go to your kitchen and make this cake!
And I will be over shortly to eat it
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!