I was so happy to hear so many of you liked my new series.  Although if you are new to #findingME please read my first post for the background of this series.  And some of you asked how can you participate, well follow along with me here on the blog. And feel free to do the assignments with me in discovering — who am I? And if you would love to share your thoughts or findings here on the blog email me – purelytwins@gmail.com  I would love to share it here as a guest post!

I was enjoying the beautiful weather outside yesterday and to be honest I did not know where to start as having time for me is something I realized I need to do more. Hence why I wanted to start this series.

I grabbed my book and went to the first assignment – write done some favorite minor miracles.

So as I sat and listened to the music playing in the background from a neighbor’s house, I wrote down 2 things that first came to mind:

1 – hug from my niece  and seeing her laugh

2 – dancing and singing in the kitchen

Your turn: Write down a few of your favorite little miracles.  What brings a smile to your face?

I continued to sit and just listen to the noises around me. Let this moment, from realizing little miracles, settle in. I began to  really think about my life.  Realized it’s good to be reminded of life’s little moments, as I notice I stress over minor things, which I know everyone does.

Anyone stressing about the holidays coming? The panic that you didn’t reach your goals you set at the beginning of the year?

Maybe you did not lose those few pounds, maybe you didn’t run a marathon, or maybe you never completed 10 reps of pushups.

Maybe you also made some mistakes along the way.

BUT

Maybe you feel stronger, run better, or completed 1 pushup.

These are celebrations. Be proud of every little accomplishment, big or small.

Because you know what, the only person who knows or remembers is YOU!

Somewhere in life we have learned to change ourselves to fit expectations of others. The more we please others, the more distant we get from our own voice.

It is important  to let go of our ideas about how we should be.

Reclaim your life. Find the delight that lives within you.

With just a few months of the year left, how do you want to spend them?  Living life to the fullest or stressing over the small things?

Remember it is okay to make mistakes along the way, that’s what helps us grow! Also remember to enjoy the journey of finding yourself.

I am Michelle

Who are you?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

14 thoughts on “making mistakes is part of life

1. 1. enjoying some pumpkin macaron and coconut milk ice cream last night just cuddling on the couch
    2. walking in the sunshine

i am trying my best to savor the holiday season instead of worrying about all the travel arrangements and crunch time at work. my future is very much up in the air at the end of this year and all i can do is wait right now. just completely out of my control so i need to exercise my patience and be quiet

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm
    1. same here girl, trying to savor it all 🙂

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 3:38 pm
  2. I just love this post!!! There is so much to take away from this! I feel like I could read it over and over again and still find something new every time 🙂

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm
    1. thanks Danielle!

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 3:38 pm
  3. I love this. Its so true we need to appreciate the little things we accomplished, because we all have things to be proud of! And its so important to not get caught up in the business of others lives and really celebrate our alone time and catch up with ourselves, to make us happy!

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 5:05 pm
  4. <3 this Michelle, you are a gorgeous person inside and out, I love supporting you on your journey and seeing all the miracles in your life! xxoo

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    1. Thank you Kris!

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 6:51 pm
  5. i enjoyed lots of hugs from my nieces as well. I remember those days. When mistakes we a necessity in order to grow. I think thats how we need to embrace life now. Mistakes happen, recognizing and learning from it is part of life. We are stronger in the end, yes?

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm
  6. A
    to
    the
    MEN.

Posted on October 15, 2012 at 5:34 am
  7. I love this, there are so many wonderful little miracles around us everyday that we take for granted. I love taking time to appreciate them all and realize how lucky I am (: Some of mine are:

1. Watching the sunrise with a warm cup of coffee
    2. Living in the mountains during fall, they’re beautiful!

Posted on October 15, 2012 at 8:39 am
  8. I love this! I definitely need to appreciate the small things and focus on what makes me happy versus…other things.

Simple miracles? Baking again for the first time in three months. Being attacked lovingly by my dogs. Seeing my cat and being attacked by her.

I’m starting to get a little stressed out about holidays as I do every year, but this year I’m focusing on a friend who’s husband is away on deployment. Going away to Peru made me realize how hard it is to be away from the ones you love, especially at holidays, so I’m making sure she has family around to keep her happy, even if it is just my family.

Posted on October 15, 2012 at 10:48 am
    1. Melissa I am the same! Together we will learn to not stress as much. Thinking of you friend!

Posted on October 15, 2012 at 2:58 pm