Hello friends! Happy Wednesday!
We can’t decide if we are more pancake or donut girls?
Seriously love both. Grew up eating pancakes. Michelle is known as the pancake girl in our family as she always wanted to make them to enjoy.
These past few years we have fallen in love with donuts. But today is not about which one is better.
Nope. As we feel both are equally delicious. We were never turn either one down.
We have a few variations of pancakes. But this time we wanted one with no starch.
Just a simple basic gluten free pancake recipe.
We got our egg-free version down for those that want a vegan pancake recipe.
We call this pancake recipe high fiber because we used coconut flour, flax meal, and buckwheat, which are all great sources for fiber. You could make this with protein powder instead of buckwheat groats to make a high protein pancake too. mmm maybe we try that this weekend. yes. think so as Lori has made them that way before.
Always a good feeling with the chef looks over and sees her crowd patiently waiting for her pancakes.
- ½ cup buckwheat groats flour (made from grinding up buckwheat goats with Vitamix) **can use any GF flour you like
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia **or 1-2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- ½-3/4 cup coconut milk **or any liquid option you like
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add in your stevia or sweetener of choice.
- Next add in your 2 eggs. Whisk.
- End with whisking in your coconut milk.
- You want a smooth batter.
- Scoop pancake batter onto skillet over medium heat on stovetop.
- Cook on both sides for a few minutes.
- Top with maple syrup and enjoy.
Good to the last bite.
pumpkin pancakes perfect for this time of year
off to go dream about pancakes and maple syrup