Happy Friday luvs!
We survived another week. Hard to believe that there is not much time left in August….fall right around the corner?!?
- You know that we are huge garbanzo bean flour fans.
- You know that we are huge socca fans – our favorite gluten free flatbread.
- You know that we like to create fun and unique recipes.
Now today’s recipe is a recipe that Michelle and I have been wanting to make for months. Not sure why it took us soooo long to finally make it! Big mistake
As this recipe has already been made several times in our household. Thinking of making it again this weekend. It is that good!
A little addicting we could say.
Another easy gluten free and grain free recipe that is made from just a few ingredients. A recipe that is full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
Our new favorite go to breakfast to enjoy with others. Or make for yourself as it is great the second day too!
Now make your plain socca first.
Could eat this as is, but promise it taste amazing as bread for french toast!
Once your socca is made. Whip up the egg coconut milk mixture. Then start to dip the slices of your garbanzo bean flatbread into batter to place on hot skillet.
Cook a few minutes on each side.
*note you might have extra egg mixture as the socca does not soak up the mixture like regular bread. just add another egg or egg whites to leftover mixture to make up some scrambled eggs. that is what we ended up doing. they were delicious!
Drizzle a little maple syrup and you are good to go. Even coconut nectar taste yummy over it for those looking to keep it low in sugar!
Now do yourself a favor this weekend and make yourself the easiest french toast. Guarantee you will enjoy every single bite!
- Socca batter:
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon *optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- French Toast Mixture:
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- about 8 drops of liquid stevia (could use any sweetener of your liking, around 1-2 tbsp)
- First make your socca.
- Take your garbanzo bean flour and water whisk together. Add in your sea salt and cinnamon. Stir till combined.
- Pour your 2 tbsp coconut oil in a 8 inch pan place in hot oven of 375 degrees. Heat oil for 2 minutes.
- Remove hot oiled pan and pour your socca batter in.
- Place back in hot over and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take socca out of pan once it is done baking.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- In a large bowl, make your egg mixture.
- Place your 2 eggs, coconut milk (or milk of choice), along with nutmeg and stevia. Stir.
- Dip your sliced socca into the egg mixture and place on hot pan on stovetop.
- Cook on each side for a few minute till eggs look cooked.
- Remove from pan and enjoy your maple syrup.
Both Michelle and I know you guys will love this socca french toast just as much as we do!