Dairy free coconut ice cream (vegan, nut free)

Recipe for dairy-free raw vegan coconut ice cream. A nut-free recipe!

I am finally getting around to sharing the coconut ice cream you saw me enjoy in this video.

Raw vegan nut-free dairy-free coconut ice cream recipe

nut free ice cream

And this recipe came at the right time, as Lori and I received some tweets about people being allergic to avocados so they could not enjoy Lori’s avocado ice cream recipe.

Coconut ice cream to the rescue.

A simple 4 ingredient coconut ice cream recipe made from a few ingredients.

No special equipment required.

Okay, well except a nice blender like a Vitamix.

Once blended just freeze for a few hours, can even be kept in the fridge.

And the best part about making this recipe is licking the dirty blender….am I the only one that gets excited about this??

This 4 ingredient coconut ice cream is creamy and delicious, and you would never know it is:

• dairy free
  • vegan
  • sugar free
  • semi-raw

Lori and I have shared another nut free raw vegan ice cream before made with bananas and coconut, another yummy recipe.

Now this ice cream is for coconut fans for sure! If you are not a lover of coconut, this may not be the recipe for you, but maybe you like avocado ice cream.

4 ingredient Dairy free coconut ice cream (vegan, nut free)

Prep Time: 10 minutes

serves 2-4

4 ingredient Dairy free coconut ice cream (vegan, nut free)

A quick and easy raw vegan dairy-free ice cream made from 4 ingredients. Coconut ice cream. A great alternative to the nut based ice cream recipes.

• 1 cup coconut creamer (or canned coconut milk just make sure full fat)
  • 1/4 cup coconut butter*
  • 1/2 tsp stevia** adjust taste to your liking
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom

1. Place all ingredients into blender and blend till creamy.
  2. *If you do not have [coconut butterhttp://bit.ly/nutseedcoconutbutter], you can use coconut oil but do around 2-3 tbsp.
  3. **And if you do not like stevia, pick your favorite sweetener and adjust to taste. Start around 1-2 tbsp and go from there. Depends how sweet you like it.
  4. Once coconut ice cream is blended, pour into a shallow dish and place in freezer.
  5. Depending if you use coconut butter or coconut oil, the time in freezer will vary.
  6. Just keep checking on it, should take only a few hours.

Other great flavor options -

add lemon zest
use vanilla or cinnamon instead of cardamom, or add it with it
stir in your favorite chocolate chips

Do you like coconut ice cream?

Do you prefer ice cream or soft served yogurt ice cream?

NEW blog signature-01

1. Taylor says

Yum looks delicious. And I have all of the ingredients! Might try running it through my ice cream maker as well.

2. Meghanne says

I made this last night for a dinner party to serve atop a coconut flour blueberry crisp. Boy it was a HUGE hit. Creamy and delicious. I made it with organic vanilla extract. Great recipe. Thanks.

3. Amanda says

I was just wondering, since i dont like coconut or avocado, what other ingredients could i use? I would assume that I would still use the coconut milk, and then is it as easy as just throwing in fruit? It sounds very simple and tempting to try!

4. Claudia says

This recipe looks stunning! My hubby is a huge coconut fan! So I cant wait to try it! But I have a question for you. I have been experimenting with my own Coconut ice-cream. But it is never a success! ;( I use about 100g young coconut flesh, fresh homemade coconut milk (400ml) Stevia, 1 table spoon coconut oil, 1 tea spoon Vanilla essence and add a table spoon of Lecithin, blend this then pour it into my ice-cream maker, it always looks good but then half way through the run time, it separates!! & only the bottom freezes! Most frustrating. Can you possibly tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to fix it?? Thanks.

5. says

I just made this and it was so yummy! Just the thing for an Aussie summer. I used a bit of honey instead of stevia and it was divine. Thank you for the recipe :-) I’m brand-new to your site – just came across it through Pinterest and love it! Looking forward to trying more of your amazing-looking recipes.

6. Mindy says

Just made it and it is amazing!!!! I calculated it at about 300 calories IF you divide the recipe into four servings. LOL Wow, it’s so good though, but I only allowed myself a few tablespoons. I should not have put it in my ice cream maker and followed your instructions. Some is frozen to the size of the bowl, so I’m waiting for it to defrost a little and hope I can manage to put it in the bowl with the rest of the ice cream without eating it. :)

Just curious if the manna butter (I used that brand too) is supposed to remain chunky or if yours melted into the mix? Mine stayed chunky and it was delicious that way, but I’m curious if it’s supposed to. Thanks!

7. says

Hey there this looks great!! I’m from Australia and I’m not sure what coconut creamer is? Could I use a can of coconut cream? This may be the same thing?! :P

8. Capoeirista says

I’m going home to try this tonight!! I made the banana and spinach fudge last week and it was so good, everyone I gave it to also liked it :)I love that you post healthy desserts for those of us with a sweet tooth.

• says

there is no dairy in full fat coconut milk, when you go to the store there are usually two options – regular (full fat) and lite. We recommend and suggest the regular (full fat).

9. Jane says

Two questions:

(1). If using canned coconut milk, is it the full can that this recipe requires OR just 1 cup?

(2). Does the canned coconut milk need to be refrigerated and then skimmed before blending with the other ingredients?

Thank you!

10. Capiness says

Oh my goodness! I’ve been on the anti-Candida diet for almost a year, as well as being totally dairy-free and just now came across this recipe a few days ago. I LOVE IT. So thankful for something I can eat that is good for me. Thanks so much, y’all!

• says

Yes, maybe try adding in some more coconut milk to help thin it out. Another thing make sure the ingredients are not chilled or the coconut butter will start to get hard and chunky.

11. says

I made this according to the recipe but the ice cream turned out very hard. It was basically a giant ice cube of coconut milk. Any tips on how to fix this?

Am I not supposed to over-freeze it, or perhaps the temperature on your freezer is lower than mine?

I really want to make it properly!! Looks so delicious!

Anita recently posted..Prom Dresses Under $100My Profile