I am finally getting around to sharing the coconut ice cream you saw me enjoy in this video.
Coconut ice cream to the rescue.
A simple 4 ingredient coconut ice cream recipe.
No special equipment required.
Okay, well except a nice blender like a Vitamix.
Once blended just freeze for a few hours, can even be kept in the fridge.
And the best part about making this recipe is licking the dirty blender….am I the only one that gets excited about this??
This coconut ice cream is creamy and delicious, and you would never know it is:
- dairy free
- sugar free
Lori and I have shared another nut free raw vegan ice cream before made with bananas and coconut, another yummy recipe.
Now this ice cream is for coconut fans for sure! If you are not a lover of coconut, this may not be the recipe for you, but maybe you like avocado ice cream.
- 1 cup coconut creamer (or canned coconut milk just make sure full fat)
- ¼ cup coconut butter*
- ½ tsp stevia** adjust taste to your liking
- ½ tsp cardamom
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend till creamy.
- *If you do not have coconut butter, you can use coconut oil but do around 2-3 tbsp.
- **And if you do not like stevia, pick your favorite sweetener and adjust to taste. Start around 1-2 tbsp and go from there. Depends how sweet you like it.
- Once coconut ice cream is blended, pour into a shallow dish and place in freezer. Depending if you use coconut butter or coconut oil, the time in freezer will vary. Just keep checking on it, should take only a few hours.
Do you like coconut ice cream?
Do you prefer ice cream or soft served yogurt ice cream?