Recipe for light and fluffy gluten-free brownies made with cocoa powder and egg whites.

As requested I am sharing my latest brownie recipe that I mentioned onΒ  Sunday that I was enjoying after a great weekend.

Sunday after dinner I felt like dessert, and brownies are always so quick and easy to make. And easy to please a crowd!

Gluten-free light and fluffy brownie recipe

I honestly just starting browsing my mom’s fridge and cupboards and created the recipe on top of my head. Yep that is how I roll.

I did not have that much to pick from in terms of ingredients so I just went with it to see if I could make work!

I knew basically what made a good brownie so I crossed my fingers while it baked. Anyone else cross their fingers as something bakes? NO…YES?Β  just me, I am ok with that

And luckily the brownies came out!! Recipe SUCCESS.

light and fluffy cocoa egg white brownie recipe (gluten-free)

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Yield: makes 12 - 16 brownies

light and fluffy cocoa egg white brownie recipe (gluten-free)

A healthy brownie recipe that is free of gluten made with cocoa powder and egg whites.

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup brown rice flour
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 2 tbsp arrowroot
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp butter (melted) or coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Place all dry ingredients, including sugar, into a bowl and stir till combined. Next stir in your wet ingredients. Batter will be smooth and a little runny.
  3. Pour brownie batter into lightly oiled baking dish.
  4. Brownies will bake from 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out pretty clean.
  5. Baked in a glass 11Γ—7 baking dish.

Notes

*any flour can be substituted for the brown rice *arrowroot has give it lift, but can use another flour or tapioca would work

These brownies were light and fluffy, not too sweet. A perfect balance of flavor. If you like a lighter fluffly like brownies then this recipe is for you.

Gluten-free brownies made from cocoa powder and egg whites.

I actually enjoy both kinds of brownies, the light cake like ones and the more rich dense chewy ones. I mean anything with chocolate is a winner.

I enjoyed mine with coconut oil on top. Brownies + coconut oil = perfection.

Any brownie fans out there? Coconut oil lovers?

*photos captured on my iphone

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

23 thoughts on “light and fluffy brownies

1. These look and sound delicious! Honestly, I don’t bake brownies from scratch much here. The boys like super fudgy dense brownies. It’s a VERY specific thing for them. I used to just make the boxed variety before going gluten free. I need to try to make them again some time.

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm
  2. oh that sounds decadent with the coconut oil, I would have done the same thing!

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 1:03 pm
    1. Katie I put coconut oil on everything, haha πŸ˜‰

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 2:34 pm
  3. These look delicious! When you say coconut milk, do you mean from the can or from the {non}dairy section?? Thanks!

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 2:02 pm
    1. Maureen, I normally use coconut milk from a can, but these I used from the non dairy section. Both would work here.

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 2:35 pm
      1. Thank you!

Posted on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 am
  4. Coconut oil is something I’ve just started experimenting with. I have found times when I like it, along with times when I don’t (my husband scrambles eggs in a bit of coconut oil, and I can’t stand it). However, it always seems to go well with chocolate, so I think this brownie recipe is a keeper!

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 2:09 pm
  5. Any chocolate is most definitely a winner… I agree! Coconut oil is my go to for everything now, love it!

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm
  6. These look divine! My question is : how do you stop at 1?! No, honestly lol

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 2:41 pm
    1. LBoogs – I didn’t I actually had 3 πŸ™‚

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm
  7. These look amazing!!!! There is not much better than chocolate and coconut!

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm
  8. wow those look so good! i love when recipe experiments turn out! and i love the haircut!

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm
  9. These sound so decadent with the addition of coconut oil and coconut flour! My faves. I’m impressed you could just whip these up off the top of your head like that:)
    I’ve got to try these to satisfy my next chocolate craving! And they’re still healthy, perfect.

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 8:17 pm
  10. I absolutely love brownies…especially my Mom’s! πŸ™‚

I have yet to experiment with Coconut Oil!

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 8:59 pm
  11. Can you please tell me what size baking dish you used? The recipe doesn’t say.

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 11:24 pm
    1. Lori sorry about that, I believe it was a 9×12 glass baking dish.

Posted on August 10, 2012 at 1:22 am
  12. I’m not brave enough to create baking recipes off the tops of my head. I always think it’s going to be a flop and I hate wasting food, so I prob would force myself to eat it. That being said these babies look great!

Posted on August 10, 2012 at 3:13 am
  13. These look great. Shared on my FB page. Just started eating gluten free and so new to g-f baking.

Posted on August 10, 2012 at 4:59 am
  14. Seriously all I can say about you women is – AWESOME! The food you two put out is right on! Thanks for being you and sharing with the rest of us.

Posted on August 18, 2012 at 2:08 pm
  15. i just made these and they turned out really, really dry. πŸ™ My only subs were Bob’s Red Mill GF AP flour and almond milk. Would those changes make such a difference?

Posted on November 10, 2012 at 12:21 am
    1. no I would not think those changes would have changed it that much, but sometimes when using coconut flour can help provide moistness to recipes, so maybe that was it. Maybe upping the coconut oil with the GF blend would help.

Posted on November 10, 2012 at 9:55 am
      1. I did use the 2 TBS of coconut flour. I didn’t know coconut flour adds moisture. I always thought it took away moisture. Anyway. Maybe I will try them again using a different flour and see what happens. The batter wasn’t super thich but I wouldn’t say it was “runny” like you mention in the directions. Maybe the bean blend absorbed to much and that’s why they were dry. Thanks for your reply =)

Posted on November 10, 2012 at 12:41 pm
  16. any vegan suggestions for the egg white? I realize egg white is probably what makes these airy and light but dense is good with me!

Posted on April 25, 2013 at 7:44 pm