creating something new …called muffle

vegan waffle recipe

Happy Friday Luvs!!!

We were playing in the kitchen a few days ago and created something brand new. Well, at least we think it is brand new as we have never really seen it before.

We were creating another basic vegan waffle recipe to satisfy our late afternoon hunger one day and created something we call muffle.

muffle recipe

What is a muffle?

Good question.

To be short it is something we just made up for a name to call this recipe.

Why?

Because we made it as a waffle shape but it was really dense and rich more like a muffin. So, we were playing around with what to call this new discovery. And since we are just so clever ;) we came up with the name muffle — combining muffin with waffle to get muffle.

Genesis haha
We feel it best describes this vegan recipe.

Now if you google muffle you will find off wikipedia calling it a muffle furnace, obviously that is not what this recipe is. Muffle is also know as a wrap or cover for warmth. Again does not describe our recipe, but we think you get the idea of why we called it a muffle.

egg free waffle recipe

But you can call it a muffin waffle if you like that better.  Either way it is a simple, basic recipe made from just a few ingredients.

Now onto the best part….FROSTING!

coconut chocolate frosting

We topped our muffle with a chocolate ‘frosting‘.

We do this kind of chocolate frosting a lot. We normally mix coconut oil with cocoa powder and a little stevia for our basic frosting. This time we used a coconut creamer instead of coconut oil. And it still came out great. Just add in your oil or creamer slowly, we like our frosting on the thick side, feel free to add in more liquid if you want a thinner frosting. There is no right or wrong here, just do what you feel like or what you have on hand!

dairy free chocolate frosting

vegan chocolate protein waffles

A healthy start to your day!

Have a wonderful Friday…we got a wedding to attend to this weekend, and it just so happens to be at a winery. oh darn ;)

Twin sisters. Personal trainers. Creators of Purely Fit Life online workout club. Helping and inspiring others to get strong and fit at home. Cookbook authors of 3 allergy-friendly ebooks. Bakers. Bloggers. Youtubers. Enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a focus on real food. Love inspiring others to become happy and fit in all parts of life.

A trusted source for all things health, fitness, recipes, and happiness. Every article is real, relatable, and with a side of fun :)

Follow along as Lori shares her journey of being pregnant with her first child.

Learn more about the purely twins and what you’ll find on the blog

Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube

23 Responses to creating something new …called muffle

1. Bonnie says:

WHOA that looks great! And I love the word “muffle!” ;) I might give this a shot after my run today for some refuling if I have all the goods at home – thanks for sharing and so creative! Happy weekend, girls!
    Bonnie recently posted..Lacking Mojo + a Client Core MoveMy Profile

2. Kayla says:

LOVE this!! thanks so much for the recipe. I can’t wait to try the frosting recipe!
    Kayla recently posted..Vegan Brown Sugar Cinna-Oat SconesMy Profile

3. I have yet to use my waffle maker for anything else besides waffles, but this is a big ol reminder! These sound great, guys :)
    Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Healthy Chicken SaladMy Profile

4. haha your explanation of the muffle made me LOL several times :) have a great weekend ladies!
    Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Fitness Friday: Hawaii EditionMy Profile

5. mmmmm… I don’t care what you call it, it looks delicious no matter what! Although I am loving the word muffle ;) and topping it with chocolate?! Does not get any better than that!

Have a fabulous weekend ladies!
    Christa @ Edible Balance recently posted..Stampede, or not to Stampede?My Profile

6. hehe when i read the title, i thought it was a jim henson character ;p mmm chocolate frosting! my fave frosting is simply coconut butter & unsweetened cocoa. so good! i have a wedding to attend this weekend too! enjoy the winery wedding weekend x
    melissa @ the delicate place recently posted..prague part IIIMy Profile

7. These look amazing! I make a peanut flour waffle that’s almost like a cookie and then spread a mixture of cocoa powder, peanut flour, stevia and almond milk on top…love the peanut butter chocolate combination. Your frosting looks perfect too!
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Pumped Up Vanilla Peanut Butter Dip!My Profile

8. Wow, I love this recipe! Thanks a lot girls :)

If I’m planning to make it as a muffin, how long would you advise baking it for? Do you think I could even try it in the microwave?
    Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..The Swoon-worthy Surprise, A Short StoryMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Brittany, baking at 350 for 20 minutes or so, and you could try in microwave not sure how long there.

9. Love the look of that frosting! And muffle is genius – and sounds like a total warm, comforting treat!
    Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Sweet Apple CakeMy Profile

10. Love it!
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Premier Protein Review and GiveawayMy Profile

11. Lisa says:

This is ridiculously good looking! I am dying for a waffle maker. I’m definitely bookmarking this for one I get mine back from my ‘rents!
    Lisa recently posted..Fit Friday 4My Profile

12. Lea says:

Mmm… that looks delicious.

I think the name muffle was a better choice than the other waffle/muffin combination – Waffin. That one’s a little awkward.

13. chris says:

These look delicious. How do they differ from the other vegan waffle recipe you shared?

Do you have the gram measures of the ingredients? I find that these tend to be more accurate that general measures (e.g. 1/4 cup) & especially help with vegan baking.

Thanks!

• purelytwins says:

Chris no we do not have the gram measurements, we will start sharing those more as we too find it more accurate in baking! These differ from our other vegan waffles by not using almond butter in them, and actually we find these ones to hold together much better then our other ones.

14. This is genius! My mouth is literally watering. Haha. Love you, girls!
    Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Bye Bye “Cheat” and “Treat”My Profile

15. Nicole says:

yum this looks delicious! and i NEED to make that frosting!
    Nicole recently posted..Saturday Things!My Profile

16. Reb says:

ooooooh, I’m a muffin lover, and it looks I may just be a muffle lover too, lol! Will have to try this recipe soon. Thanks!
    Reb recently posted..Strawberry Banana MuffinsMy Profile

17. Lauren says:

Oohhhh goodness, can’t wait to try this! Just pinned the recipe :)

18. OMG girls, this looks soooo good! Snack, dessert, or brunch.

19. Ozlem says:

Hi guys – I wonder if you can bake these as muffins?? I do not own a waffle maker and I do not plan to buy one because my mornings are so rushy. I guess I can try and report back :)

20. Hi do u have a chocolate frosting without cocoa? Could I use cacao instead