cookies-n-cream chia seed pudding

A healthy recipe for cookies-n-cream chia seed pudding that is gluten-free, dairy-free and made with coconut kefir.

healthy chia seed pudding recipe

Lori and I have been slowly getting back into playing in the kitchen. We have so many recipes we want to share, just takes time to plan it out, take pictures, edit pictures, and write up the post. So we thank you all for still sticking around through all the craziness here from moving, remodeling, etc.

We did a lot of work around Lori’s new house yesterday that around 4 or so in the afternoon we had  a craving for something cool and refreshing. It has been hot here, so baking did not seem appealing.

Coconut kefir cookies-n-cream chia seed pudding recipe. Vegan. Gluten-free.

cookies n cream chia seed pudding

Chia pudding to the rescue!

kefir chia seed pudding with coconut oil

You all know we love our chia seeds.

coconut kefir cookie bowl

Gluten-free dairy-free Cookies-n-Cream Chia Pudding

inspired by mini cookies-n-cream cakes

Serves 2

Prep-time – a few minutes to gather the ingredients then about 15 minutes or so as the chia pudding sets.

Cook time – zero

Ingredients:

Directions:

Place coconut kefir, protein powder, chia seeds, and coconut oil into a blender and whip together. Then let set in fridge for about 10-15 minutes.

Once chia starts to thicken, stir in your cookie crumbs.

If desire more sweetness, add a few drops of stevia. Or whatever sweetener you desire.

Some great cookies you could use in this recipe are:

chocolate protein brownies

cocoa cookies

pecan chocolate

man, do we love our cookie-like desserts or what? haha

chia seed coconut pudding

Twins Questions: Do you like cookies-n-cream? Have your ever tried coconut kefir before? If so, did you like it? Do you like kefir or yogurt better?

Lori likes ‘cookie dough’ better then cookies-n-cream, I would have to agree. But we can never turn down anything chocolate based! And we enjoy both kefir and yogurt equally.

till next time,

Michelle

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

Comments

1. says

I prefer cookie dough to cookies and cream, but I do like cookies and cream. I haven’t tried kefir yet. I was tempted with the coconut kefir, but never made the plunge and I can only get it at certain stores here that are not really close. I need to give it a try though. I know it’s great for digestion! Looks great ladies!
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Workout Wednesday!My Profile

2. says

I guess I didn’t know you were starting a whole new blog?! And this pudding really does sound incredible. I was addicted to making doughy smoothies with oats for a while, and chopped unsweetened chocolate for a crunch. I don’t eat oats though anymore and have been trying to think of a substitute. Must try this out!
    katie @KatieDid recently posted..Some ChangesMy Profile

3. says

This looks great! Thanks for including the other recipes. I made your coconut lemon bars the other day, and they were the cats PJs! I don’t think I would have found the link if another blogger hadn’t included it on her site though, so I’m excited for you to have an updated recipe list!
    Lauren recently posted..Vegan Gluten-free Fig Newton ClonesMy Profile

4. Taylor says

This is such a good idea! Mine is sitting in the fridge now waiting for me :) I didn’t have any coconut milk kefir and wanted to make this so I just used 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 cup almond milk. I used your protein thin mints as the cookies too :) Wish I had some twin cakes cookies! Thanks

5. says

This looks soooo delicious! This recipe reminds me that it’s been far too long since I’ve had chia seeds, I need to pick some up soon!

I’ve never tried coconut kefir, but I’ve been wanting to, it looks tasty.
    Lea recently posted..LiveFit Trainer Week 4 RecapMy Profile

6. Erin says

I JUST made coconut kefir yesterday but with the granule-y starter.. I was so excited but it smells funny and is very tangy.. It looks fine so I’m not really sure if I did anything wrong. I’ve never had kefir before so is it supposed to be really tangy? I went ahead and made the pudding with it anyways. To be honest, the smell/taste makes me a little nauseous.