Happy Monday luvs!

everyone haveย  a great weekend?? we sure did. enjoyed some relaxation!

juice pulp raw crackers

today we finally have the recipe you all have been waiting for….okay maybe our protein thin mints are more exciting than pulp bread-crackers, haha

most people refer to them as pulp crackers although we find them to more bread like than crispy like a cracker. either way you look at it, this recipe isย  great way to use up leftover juice pulp

How to make crackers out of juice pulp

juice veggies

here is what we did for the juice in this video – 4 stalks of celery, 1 beet, 1 small apple, 8 carrots. made 12 oz of juice.

veggie juice

here is the video of us making our veggie pulp bread/crackers

juice pulp crackers*this recipe is more a guideline, as we mention in video you do not need to worry about being exact

pure2raw recipe: pulp bread – crackers

prep time – 5- 10 minutes (depending if you have juice pulp on hand)

bake time – oven 350 for about 30-45 minutes

or dehydrator time – 115 about 6 hours, or if want real crispy crackers dehydrate overnight

ingredients:

• 2 2-3 cup pulp from juice
  • 1/2 cup flax meal (or chia seeds)
  • 1 cup water
  • additions: spices or nutritional yeast

directions:

add your pulp, water and flax into a bowl or mix in a food processor. add in your favorite spices or additions. once blended, spread onto a dehydrator teflex sheet or cookie sheet if doing in oven

dehydrator or bake in oven till desired texture and crispness is achieved.

we cannot get enough of these pulp bread – crackers lately, love them with salads.

we crave them. might sound like a weird craving, but we love the flavor. which as we mentioned in the video, a lot of the flavor depends on the foods you are juicing!!! so please remember that when making pulp bread and crackers. if you use bitter greens, your bread might taste bitter.

we have made a few with a handful of greens thrown in…still yummy to us!

pulp bread crackers

If you love crackers make sure you check outย No Flour Cracker and Flatbread cookbook.ย

All the recipes are naturally gluten-free. Plus paleo and vegan friendly recipes.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

45 thoughts on “how to make pulp bread/crackers (raw and baked)

1. Tahini and almond butter can often save anything in my opinion, since I refuse to waste just about any food! Loved the video, although I don’t have a juicer I wish I did now just to make these.

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 8:02 am
  2. i really want to try making these! i always give the juice pulp to our chickens. they get all the “left overs”- banana peels, trimmings from veggies, etc. but i think its time to break out the old dehydrator and try this ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 8:40 am
  3. oh i really should get back to juicing AND making pulp bread/crackers. great to be reminded and this looks tempting enough to get back in the green-zone. hehe thanks!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 8:44 am
  4. What a cool idea! I bet they’d be so good dipped in hummus! Good call covering the failed loaf with tzatziki aka the magic sauce that makes everything better.

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 9:45 am
    1. Oops you used tahini! Oh well same “healing powers” ๐Ÿ˜›

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 9:45 am
      1. haha yes Caitlin!!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 10:57 am
  5. Oh, I bet these are the perfect addition to a lovely salad…at least that’s what it looks like! What a creative idea…I wouldn’t have thought to use juice pulp for crackers…amazing! Have a great week!!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 9:47 am
  6. COME TO MOMMA!!!!!! AHhh I’ve always wanted to try pulp crackers and bread, but I don’t have a stinking juicer!!! Booooo!!!!

Sometimes I make almond meal crackers with pieces of veg, lol!

xxoo

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 10:18 am
  7. L&M-
    Wanted to tell you that you’ve inspired me to do a plank a day–this is my third week and I’m up to 2 minutes ๐Ÿ™‚ Wondering if you have you a recipe that uses the pulp from making almond milk?

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 10:59 am
    1. we do have a recipe using pumpkin seed pulp, but you could easily use almond pulp http://www.pure2raw.com/2011/07/raw-gluten-free-easy-purple-bread-recipe/

let us know if we can help anymore

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm
  8. I’ve never had pulp crackers but have heard good things. I love how you can see what goes into them!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 11:14 am
  9. Love not wasting anything! These look amaaazing!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 11:27 am
  10. This is SO excellent!
    I always feel guilty throwing away the pulp from my juices but didn’t know what to do with them….bread experimenting here I come!

Happy day!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 2:30 pm
  11. Yum—I love pulp crackers! I don’t make them often (actually, I haven’t been juicing lately), but now I want to start again!
    Thanks for sharing how you do it!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm
  12. These look great and such a great way to save money!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm
  13. Such a beautiful and simple recipe. Love it!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 4:11 pm
  14. Looks totally yummy! I especially love the ones with the greens in them. Looking forward to the protein mints and your special announcement also.
    xoxo ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 5:03 pm
  15. haha, I’m sorry but the finished prodcuct of the bread pulp made me laugh a bit. The pulp bread crackers however, really do look like a great addition to the plate of veggies… making it a more complete meal. I like this new idea. And as always, thanks for posting!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 5:46 pm
  16. Thank you!!! I have only seen dehydrated versions of this and always let me pulp go to waste!!! Well my juicer broke but I want a new one soon–so I pinned it ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    1. thanks girl

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 7:40 pm
  17. My little sister got a juicer for Christmas and we pondered over what the heck we could do with the fresh pulp after juicing . . .she’s going to be thrilled when she sees this recipe! It’s such a great way to use all that you have – nothing to waste!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 8:37 pm
  18. I like what you call them…that sounds way better than pulp crackers! Juicy crackers are cute!

Posted on March 5, 2012 at 8:58 pm
  19. Those looks really great! you know, I have worked in a bakery although we never made anything special – mostly just bread! Natural bread.

Posted on March 6, 2012 at 4:22 am
  20. I bet these are great!!! I bet you could make them smaller and fatter and have awesome croutons!!

Posted on March 6, 2012 at 6:18 am
    1. Oh, croutons. That’s brilliant!

Posted on March 27, 2014 at 8:56 am
  21. interesting! whenever i make my crackers i don’t add water since they pulp has some residual to soak up with the flax seed. i’ll have to give this a try!

Posted on March 6, 2012 at 11:40 am
  22. OOOh these look so great girls! Im definitely trying them. Great use for juice pulp! xo

Posted on March 6, 2012 at 4:59 pm
  23. Just threw together a batch after our morning juice! Can’t wait to try them. Been looking for recipes to use the pulp since we started juicing last week. Thanks!!

Posted on April 28, 2012 at 5:53 am
  24. My friend & I tried to make up a recipe for crackers last night (using the pulp) Then I found your recipe today, SOOO excited to try it because ours didn’t work so well, very bready! Nor did I think to throw the pulp in the food processor! Nor did I add any water! Thank you for posting your recipe!!!

Posted on June 9, 2012 at 2:31 pm
  25. I just made these from the pulp of my beet, carrot, celery and apple juice and added in the water, chia seeds, cinnamon, stevia and coconut flakes and literally just ate the entire batch. Amazing. Thanks!

Posted on September 30, 2012 at 11:10 pm
    1. awesome Alexis, so happy to hear this, we do the same ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on October 1, 2012 at 8:38 am
  26. hi. i’m a little confused about the recipe.
    is is 2 and 2/3 cups of pulp or is it 2-3 cups of pulp?

thanks so much!

Posted on March 9, 2013 at 1:25 pm
    1. sorry typo- should be 2 1/2 cups to 3 cups pulp.

Posted on March 9, 2013 at 1:52 pm
  27. So you mentioned you have a Breville Juicer, do you recall which model it is?

Posted on March 16, 2013 at 10:41 pm
    1. Posted on March 17, 2013 at 10:19 am
  28. Thank you ladies!

Posted on March 17, 2013 at 11:43 pm
  29. Hey just tried these and they turned out very well! But I think I would like them a little crispier. I only have a oven. What do you think I should do with the temp/time? Lower temp longer? Higher temp? Same temp but longer? Any thoughts to make it a little firmer? Thanks!

Posted on April 23, 2013 at 11:17 am
  30. Thank you!!! I never know what to do with the pulp! I also love that this is such a simple and flexible recipe. yummm

Posted on April 25, 2013 at 9:11 pm
  31. Hi ladies! I’m getting ready to make the crackers now. So excited! I noticed y’all’s pulp is super dry. Mine is not…at all…I’m wondering what kind of juicer y’all use…

Posted on December 21, 2013 at 2:26 pm
    1. Kara well the one we used in for this is not the one we currently use. The one we used here in the video was just an attachment to our food processor. You just might need to bake it longer or dehydrate it longer.

Posted on December 21, 2013 at 2:53 pm
  32. I have felt bad about throwing away the pulp from when I make juice, but this is such a lovely simple recipe! I tried the oven method today with a similar veg pulp and it worked just great! ( Next time I want to try it in the dehydrator). I will definitely be making these semi-regularly =)

Posted on March 27, 2014 at 8:49 am
  33. Oh, and I also baked them for about about an hour to get them nice and crunchy =)

Posted on March 27, 2014 at 8:54 am
  34. Hi,
    I would love to try this recipe as I am grain free and allergic to eggs. I don’t have a dehydrator though, but I want to try them in the oven. What temperature do I bake them in?

Posted on October 12, 2016 at 11:43 pm
    1. Do them in the oven at 350 and watch them until they get to the desired texture you want.

Posted on October 14, 2016 at 11:19 pm