how to make pulp bread/crackers (raw and baked)

Happy Monday luvs!

everyone have  a great weekend?? we sure did. enjoyed some relaxation!

juice pulp raw crackers

today we finally have the recipe you all have been waiting for….okay maybe our protein thin mints are more exciting than pulp bread-crackers, haha

most people refer to them as pulp crackers although we find them to more bread like than crispy like a cracker. either way you look at it, this recipe is  great way to use up leftover juice pulp

juice veggies

here is what we did for the juice in this video – 4 stalks of celery, 1 beet, 1 small apple, 8 carrots. made 12 oz of juice.

veggie juice

here is the video of us making our veggie pulp bread/crackers

juice pulp crackers*this recipe is more a guideline, as we mention in video you do not need to worry about being exact

pure2raw recipe: pulp bread – crackers

prep time – 5- 10 minutes (depending if you have juice pulp on hand)

bake time – oven 350 for about 30-45 minutes

or dehydrator time – 115 about 6 hours, or if want real crispy crackers dehydrate overnight

• 2 2-3 cup pulp from juice
  • 1/2 cup flax meal (or chia seeds)
  • 1 cup water
  • additions: spices or nutritional yeast

add your pulp, water and flax into a bowl or mix in a food processor. add in your favorite spices or additions. once blended, spread onto a dehydrator teflex sheet or cookie sheet if doing in oven

dehydrator or bake in oven till desired texture and crispness is achieved.

here is another version of our pulp crackers

we cannot get enough of these pulp bread – crackers lately, love them with salads.

we crave them. might sound like a weird craving, but we love the flavor. which as we mentioned in the video, a lot of the flavor depends on the foods you are juicing!!! so please remember that when making pulp bread and crackers. if you use bitter greens, your bread might taste bitter.

we have made a few with a handful of greens thrown in…still yummy to us!

this one we dehydrated overnight and it got real dry and crispy!

we also failed tried to make a pulp bread loaf….not so good.

covered this bad boy and tahini and it was just fine, haha

tahini to the rescue ;) haha seriously could live off tahini

okay now let us know what you think of our pulp bread – crackers

pulp bread crackers

till next time,

L & M

1. Gina says

Wanted to tell you that you’ve inspired me to do a plank a day–this is my third week and I’m up to 2 minutes :) Wondering if you have you a recipe that uses the pulp from making almond milk?

2. says

This is SO excellent!
    I always feel guilty throwing away the pulp from my juices but didn’t know what to do with them….bread experimenting here I come!

Happy day!

3. says

haha, I’m sorry but the finished prodcuct of the bread pulp made me laugh a bit. The pulp bread crackers however, really do look like a great addition to the plate of veggies… making it a more complete meal. I like this new idea. And as always, thanks for posting!
    Dr. Evan recently posted..Foods To Help Prevent Breast CancerMy Profile

4. says

Just threw together a batch after our morning juice! Can’t wait to try them. Been looking for recipes to use the pulp since we started juicing last week. Thanks!!

5. Bridget says

My friend & I tried to make up a recipe for crackers last night (using the pulp) Then I found your recipe today, SOOO excited to try it because ours didn’t work so well, very bready! Nor did I think to throw the pulp in the food processor! Nor did I add any water! Thank you for posting your recipe!!!

6. says

I just made these from the pulp of my beet, carrot, celery and apple juice and added in the water, chia seeds, cinnamon, stevia and coconut flakes and literally just ate the entire batch. Amazing. Thanks!

7. zosia says

hi. i’m a little confused about the recipe.
    is is 2 and 2/3 cups of pulp or is it 2-3 cups of pulp?

thanks so much!

8. marmar says

Hey just tried these and they turned out very well! But I think I would like them a little crispier. I only have a oven. What do you think I should do with the temp/time? Lower temp longer? Higher temp? Same temp but longer? Any thoughts to make it a little firmer? Thanks!

9. Kara says

Hi ladies! I’m getting ready to make the crackers now. So excited! I noticed y’all’s pulp is super dry. Mine is not…at all…I’m wondering what kind of juicer y’all use…

• says

Kara well the one we used in for this is not the one we currently use. The one we used here in the video was just an attachment to our food processor. You just might need to bake it longer or dehydrate it longer.

10. bob says

I have felt bad about throwing away the pulp from when I make juice, but this is such a lovely simple recipe! I tried the oven method today with a similar veg pulp and it worked just great! ( Next time I want to try it in the dehydrator). I will definitely be making these semi-regularly =)