how to make pulp bread/crackers (raw and baked)

Happy Monday luvs!

everyone have  a great weekend?? we sure did. enjoyed some relaxation!

juice pulp raw crackers

today we finally have the recipe you all have been waiting for….okay maybe our protein thin mints are more exciting than pulp bread-crackers, haha

most people refer to them as pulp crackers although we find them to more bread like than crispy like a cracker. either way you look at it, this recipe is  great way to use up leftover juice pulp

juice veggies

here is what we did for the juice in this video – 4 stalks of celery, 1 beet, 1 small apple, 8 carrots. made 12 oz of juice.

veggie juice

here is the video of us making our veggie pulp bread/crackers

[print_this]

juice pulp crackers *this recipe is more a guideline, as we mention in video you do not need to worry about being exact

pure2raw recipe: pulp bread – crackers

prep time – 5- 10 minutes (depending if you have juice pulp on hand)

bake time – oven 350 for about 30-45 minutes

or dehydrator time – 115 about 6 hours, or if want real crispy crackers dehydrate overnight

ingredients:

• 2 2-3 cup pulp from juice
  • 1/2 cup flax meal (or chia seeds)
  • 1 cup water
  • additions: spices or nutritional yeast

directions:

add your pulp, water and flax into a bowl or mix in a food processor. add in your favorite spices or additions. once blended, spread onto a dehydrator teflex sheet or cookie sheet if doing in oven

dehydrator or bake in oven till desired texture and crispness is achieved.

[/print_this]

here is another version of our pulp crackers

we cannot get enough of these pulp bread – crackers lately, love them with salads.

we crave them. might sound like a weird craving, but we love the flavor. which as we mentioned in the video, a lot of the flavor depends on the foods you are juicing!!! so please remember that when making pulp bread and crackers. if you use bitter greens, your bread might taste bitter.

we have made a few with a handful of greens thrown in…still yummy to us!

this one we dehydrated overnight and it got real dry and crispy!

we also failed tried to make a pulp bread loaf….not so good.

covered this bad boy and tahini and it was just fine, haha

tahini to the rescue ;) haha seriously could live off tahini

okay now let us know what you think of our pulp bread – crackers

pulp bread crackers

till next time,

L & M

42 Responses to how to make pulp bread/crackers (raw and baked)

1. Tahini and almond butter can often save anything in my opinion, since I refuse to waste just about any food! Loved the video, although I don’t have a juicer I wish I did now just to make these.
    katie @KatieDid recently posted..Pistachio, Cranberry and Bacon Brussel Sprout SaladMy Profile

2. i really want to try making these! i always give the juice pulp to our chickens. they get all the “left overs”- banana peels, trimmings from veggies, etc. but i think its time to break out the old dehydrator and try this :)
    Felicia (Natural + Balanced) recently posted..When Your Vita Mix Breaks..My Profile

3. oh i really should get back to juicing AND making pulp bread/crackers. great to be reminded and this looks tempting enough to get back in the green-zone. hehe thanks!
    KaterinaBonVora recently posted..Muse: LibrareMy Profile

4. Caitlin says:

What a cool idea! I bet they’d be so good dipped in hummus! Good call covering the failed loaf with tzatziki aka the magic sauce that makes everything better.
    Caitlin recently posted..Orlando – Day TwoMy Profile

5. LizAshlee says:

Oh, I bet these are the perfect addition to a lovely salad…at least that’s what it looks like! What a creative idea…I wouldn’t have thought to use juice pulp for crackers…amazing! Have a great week!!
    LizAshlee recently posted..Get It Done-12-Minute RunMy Profile

6. COME TO MOMMA!!!!!! AHhh I’ve always wanted to try pulp crackers and bread, but I don’t have a stinking juicer!!! Booooo!!!!

Sometimes I make almond meal crackers with pieces of veg, lol!

xxoo
    Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Lovin’ Likin’ and Lickin’ FebruaryMy Profile

7. Gina says:

L&M-
    Wanted to tell you that you’ve inspired me to do a plank a day–this is my third week and I’m up to 2 minutes :) Wondering if you have you a recipe that uses the pulp from making almond milk?

8. Erica says:

I’ve never had pulp crackers but have heard good things. I love how you can see what goes into them!
    Erica recently posted..4 Year Giveaway & Chicken Fajita TostadasMy Profile

9. Love not wasting anything! These look amaaazing!
    Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..March GoalsMy Profile

10. Felicity says:

This is SO excellent!
    I always feel guilty throwing away the pulp from my juices but didn’t know what to do with them….bread experimenting here I come!

Happy day!

11. Lisa says:

Yum—I love pulp crackers! I don’t make them often (actually, I haven’t been juicing lately), but now I want to start again!
    Thanks for sharing how you do it!
    Lisa recently posted..Challenges. AKA Opportunities… And Parfait.My Profile

12. Lauren says:

These look great and such a great way to save money!
    Lauren recently posted..Weekend Eats and Diet UpdateMy Profile

13. Ela says:

Looks totally yummy! I especially love the ones with the greens in them. Looking forward to the protein mints and your special announcement also.
    xoxo ;)
    Ela recently posted..No-Sugar Maca Mojo Bark (aka White Chocolate Take 2) and New FindsMy Profile

14. Dr. Evan says:

haha, I’m sorry but the finished prodcuct of the bread pulp made me laugh a bit. The pulp bread crackers however, really do look like a great addition to the plate of veggies… making it a more complete meal. I like this new idea. And as always, thanks for posting!
    Dr. Evan recently posted..Foods To Help Prevent Breast CancerMy Profile

15. Thank you!!! I have only seen dehydrated versions of this and always let me pulp go to waste!!! Well my juicer broke but I want a new one soon–so I pinned it :-)
    Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Chocolate Cherry Energy CakeMy Profile

16. My little sister got a juicer for Christmas and we pondered over what the heck we could do with the fresh pulp after juicing . . .she’s going to be thrilled when she sees this recipe! It’s such a great way to use all that you have – nothing to waste!
    Alyssa (Down To Earth) recently posted..Easy Vegan Cut Out Cookies (The stoned, the funny, the angry, and the appropriate)My Profile

17. Charissa says:

I like what you call them…that sounds way better than pulp crackers! Juicy crackers are cute!
    Charissa recently posted..A Cinnamon SolutionMy Profile

18. Zinedine says:

Those looks really great! you know, I have worked in a bakery although we never made anything special – mostly just bread! Natural bread.
    Zinedine recently posted..Don’t have time for a dogMy Profile

19. Samantha says:

I bet these are great!!! I bet you could make them smaller and fatter and have awesome croutons!!
    Samantha recently posted..Hurraw! Lip BalmMy Profile

20. interesting! whenever i make my crackers i don’t add water since they pulp has some residual to soak up with the flax seed. i’ll have to give this a try!

21. Heathy says:

OOOh these look so great girls! Im definitely trying them. Great use for juice pulp! xo
    Heathy recently posted..A Tropical RomanceMy Profile

22. Jennifer says:

Just threw together a batch after our morning juice! Can’t wait to try them. Been looking for recipes to use the pulp since we started juicing last week. Thanks!!

23. Bridget says:

My friend & I tried to make up a recipe for crackers last night (using the pulp) Then I found your recipe today, SOOO excited to try it because ours didn’t work so well, very bready! Nor did I think to throw the pulp in the food processor! Nor did I add any water! Thank you for posting your recipe!!!

24. I just made these from the pulp of my beet, carrot, celery and apple juice and added in the water, chia seeds, cinnamon, stevia and coconut flakes and literally just ate the entire batch. Amazing. Thanks!

25. zosia says:

hi. i’m a little confused about the recipe.
    is is 2 and 2/3 cups of pulp or is it 2-3 cups of pulp?

thanks so much!

26. Kristine says:

So you mentioned you have a Breville Juicer, do you recall which model it is?

27. Kristine says:

Thank you ladies!

28. marmar says:

Hey just tried these and they turned out very well! But I think I would like them a little crispier. I only have a oven. What do you think I should do with the temp/time? Lower temp longer? Higher temp? Same temp but longer? Any thoughts to make it a little firmer? Thanks!

29. Thank you!!! I never know what to do with the pulp! I also love that this is such a simple and flexible recipe. yummm
    marquis (real raw kitchen) recently posted..my key green refresher juice: a recipeMy Profile

30. Kara says:

Hi ladies! I’m getting ready to make the crackers now. So excited! I noticed y’all’s pulp is super dry. Mine is not…at all…I’m wondering what kind of juicer y’all use…

• purelytwins says:

Kara well the one we used in for this is not the one we currently use. The one we used here in the video was just an attachment to our food processor. You just might need to bake it longer or dehydrate it longer.

31. bob says:

I have felt bad about throwing away the pulp from when I make juice, but this is such a lovely simple recipe! I tried the oven method today with a similar veg pulp and it worked just great! ( Next time I want to try it in the dehydrator). I will definitely be making these semi-regularly =)

32. bob says:

Oh, and I also baked them for about about an hour to get them nice and crunchy =)