hello friends!

it really has been a long time since I have mentioned anything about how my wedding planning is going.

well today I am giving a little preview of what decisions Gary and I have been making about the wedding.  we still have a few things left to do but majority of the decisions have already been made.

first thing I found even before my dress was my green shoes.

as soon as I saw them I knew these are the shoes that I wanted to walk down the aisle in. priorities right? shoes first then the dress haha

let me back up here a a little bit… let me tell you all how I came about planning my wedding. after I got over the stress of so many decisions to be made and things to do I have been really enjoying the whole wedding planning process.

I was never that girl that knew exactly what she wanted for her wedding, so I was open to all ideas!

I got inspired from my pinterest wedding board and discussed my ideas over with Gary and the family. I wanted the wedding to be simple, fun, real, neutral with a hint of green, but elegant at the same time.  and non-traditional.

hopefully we can pull it off as we are doing most things ourselves!

this week I am making some final decisions on the florist contract and centerpieces. which we are doing the centerpieces ourselves. I have a few ideas in mind so hopefully with the help of my mom and sisters we can put together something simple and elegant. I do not want to do too much, since most people do not even remember the table settings. I want the main focus at the wedding to be a celebration. everyone having just have a great time.

I picked up my dress a few weeks ago and have put it on twice already —> just to make sure and still feel like a princess when I put it on.

wedding gown

finally got the bridesmaids outfits finalized. that was the other big issue with me and making decisions. I did not know what I wanted, but again turning to pinterest and weddinggawker really helped with ideas.

bridesmaids outfitsyes it is blurry as I want the final outcome shown at the wedding. sorry. have to leave some anticipation right.

since the wedding is outside in south Florida I wanted a fun, comfortable look for my wedding party and groom. plus I am doing very nontraditional things for my wedding. I am going neutral, khaki pants and white shirt for the boys.

invitations for wedding

Gary and I did finally sent out our formal wedding invitations. if you remember our save the dates we tried to keep the same look and feel for our invites. we did the invitations ourselves! (trying to save money in some areas) well Michelle designed it, I wrote it, and Jen (my older sister) approved the design and Gary approved it all. then Michelle and I printed them all (which was a larger project then we were expecting). then it was time to hand write them all out.

mailing out wedding invitescheated on the sealing part of the envelopes. thank goodness for tools that help.

stack of wedding invitationsall ready to go! phew

next big things to check off our list is finalizing the menu for rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception.

for other cute ideas that I am thinking of are:

getting Mr. and Mrs. shirts made for Gary and I (hint hint hint Jen).

got wood boards for the dessert table thanks to Gary’s dad cutting the wood for me.

flower bouquets for me and the bridesmaids will look similar to this picture, not quite but you get the idea. mostly green. as you can tell that is the highlight color of the wedding.

Source: google.ca via Pure2raw on Pinterest

right now I think that is it. the countdown is on. getting excited!

till next time,

Lori

ps- I did get some blood work results back the other day and I will share more updates my me and my skin soon. just trying to take everything in. thanks again for the support!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

36 thoughts on “more wedding details

1. Ahhh so exciting! My hubby and I did most of the things ourself for our wedding too … so much more memorable, I think! Just don’t get too overwhelemed. It is going to be fabulous!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 7:49 am
    1. Yes Jane it is more memorable that way 🙂 thanks!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:51 am
  2. LOVE! I was never one of those girls who had my whole wedding planned out in my head either! The details sound fabulous. Love the bouquet and the centerpieces

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 8:09 am
    1. thanks Erica!!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:52 am
  3. Oh my..love the green shoes..and the wood..what a great idea! I am so excited for you!!!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 8:10 am
    1. Thanks Liz!! getting excited the more I think about it all 😉

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:52 am
  4. I am SO excited for you and Gary! I love all this wedding excitement! Love the shoes and I know you will look like a beautiful princess in your dress! I love the ideas that you put together, the men in white shirts and khakis, the diy invites, and the wood boards!

Your wedding is going to be so amazing! I can not wait to see pics! Countdown! Not so far away now!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 8:15 am
    1. Aww thanks Katie!! HUGS

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:52 am
  5. It is so refreshing to read/see what other brides are going through. I’m also getting married in South Florida in October and I currently live in DC so I totally understand. Wedding planning stresses me out. I’m just grateful almost everything is figured out.

I just wish I was as creative as you guys but luckily my mom is very hands-on so I know she’ll help us save a lot of money! Love your shoes, by the way!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 9:32 am
    1. yes Theresa we are all here to help each other! and sounds like your mom will be a great help which is awesome 🙂 HUGS from another Florida bride!!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:53 am
  6. Sorry

I am new here when it will e your perfect day? Congratulation

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 9:35 am
    1. No worries Sam, welcome 🙂 and my big day is late April (the 28th)

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:54 am
  7. Congrats! love the wood boards! So natural 🙂

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 9:38 am
  8. Gosh you are so far ahead of me! You make me feel like a slacker bride-to-be ;P My wedding is in September; have you announced here yet when yours is? Loving your wedding board on Pinterest! 🙂

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 9:53 am
    1. Amber I felt like I was slow on making decisions, so no worries you will get it all done 🙂
      The wedding is late April, the 28th. Hard to believe that it is coming up soon!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:55 am
  9. I LOVE that you found your shoes before you found your dress. That makes me happy! haha

I’m so excited for you both! 🙂

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 10:17 am
    1. thanks Liz, I was surprised I found the shoes first too haha but glad I did!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:56 am
  10. LOVE it ALL!!! Such colorful yet vintage looks. Oh gosh, i am giddy just thinking about it!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 10:19 am
    1. me too!! xoxo

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 11:56 am
  11. absolutely gorgeous! i love the aesthetic you are going for and i think it perfectly suits springtime in florida. the flowers are just …wow. i would want that as an arrangement any day in spring! i love shoes so i’m totally on board that they are such an important statement piece for your wedding! i have no doubt that it will be an amazing day and guests will be so impressed with how you are carrying out the decorating details of the event!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm
  12. Great wedding update! So many exciting details for you to pick to make your special day memorable and unique!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm
  13. If I could do it all over again, I swear I would do it with these colors! I love your ideas! Absolutely beautiful! I can’t wait to see the finals on everything!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 2:58 pm
  14. I love the combination of green and white. The wood center pieces – what a great idea! Sounds like it is going to be a beautiful wedding.

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 3:16 pm
  15. Thanks for sharing Lori. I am getting married in Septemeber and was like you in the sense I was never the girl that knew exactly what she wanted for her wedding. It is slowly coming together now but it took 10 months to actually decide on a location. Being untraditional we have decided on Vegas! All the best xx

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 6:00 pm
  16. LOVE every detail in this post. It’s going to be gorgeous!

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 6:54 pm
    1. thanks Paige!

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 8:42 am
  17. I’m loving all the different components you have put together for the wedding. I’m excited to see your wedding gown!!

Your shoes = amazing! I love the green color.

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 7:19 pm
    1. thanks Brittany, hope your wedding detail are coming along 🙂

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 8:43 am
  18. I love the woodsy, earthy themes you have planned. It looks like it’s going to turn out lovely.
    PS: AWESOME green shoes. Perfect.

Posted on February 19, 2012 at 7:26 pm
  19. Awesome–I love when weddings are mostly home grown labors of love: it’s a good setup for the rest of life.

Those wood boards are just gorgeous.
    Looking forward to hearing the rest of your news!
    love
    Ela

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 1:33 am
  20. Ooh I’m so excited! These all look beautiful! I took a peek at your Pinterest wedding board and I LOVED that shot of the bridesmaids with the green and white striped skirts. So quirky and adorable! and if I ever get married I have a lot of similar hairstyles in mind as you for sure – long waves and nice and relaxed!

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 10:37 am
  21. we’re busy planning my sister’s wedding right now so i love reading about others’ plans! sounds like everything is coming along wonderfully 🙂

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 12:08 pm
  22. Oh I love wedding planning! So exciting!!!! Thanks for the update…I really do love those shoes. I actually got my shoes first too. They were like 5 inches tall and sexy as anything–had to have them!

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm
  23. my best friend is looking for green shoes to wear in her wedding! Can you tell me where you got yours??? I love them! Congrats!

Posted on March 21, 2012 at 4:20 pm
  24. Hi Lori!

I’m fairly new to yours and Michelle’s blog and I LOVE IT! Congrats on the Wedding!! Planning on getting married next year myself, and I got to tell you, I’m loving all your picks for your weddding! Think I’ll be doing a little borrowing 😉

Posted on April 16, 2012 at 6:32 am
  25. Saw this below today’s post…glad I looked! SUCH great ideas and designs!!! I can’t wait to see pictures of your wedding, Lori! (I LOOOOVE the dessert table pieces!)

Posted on April 27, 2012 at 11:37 am