kale artichoke tomato quiche
Pin It

quiche is one food we grew up on. our mom makes the best spinach quiche. it was something we always looked forward to eating and pretty sure mom was happy to see us loving spinach.

then a few years ago we took out eggs from our diet. and quiche was always something we missed. they are just so easy to make!! so we areΒ  happy to have eggs back in our diet as we have been enjoying lots of quiches.

today’s quiche is a healthy vegetable filled recipe. plus it is crust-less so naturally gluten-free.

the recipe is made from wholesome ingredients like kale and artichokes. a quick, healthy, andΒ  delicious meal.

making vegetable quicheabout 35 minutes later you will have a warm healthy kale artichoke quiche

dairy-free-veggie-quichewe left our veggies big and chunky! we just love how wholesome it looks this way versus minced veggies.

we want to see all the goodness.

gluten free kale veggie quiche

veggie kale quiche

kale artichoke tomato quiche (gluten free, grain free, dairy free and soy free)

prep time : 5 minutes

bake time: about 45 minutes, baked at 350

servings – 3-4

ingredients:

• 3-4 stalks of kale, roughly ripped into pieces, lightly steamed
  • 3 organic or local eggs
  • 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 cup artichokes, quartered
  • 3/4 -1 cup coconut milk (or any non dairy milk)
  • sprinkle of whole coriander seeds
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or could do 1 crushed garlic clove)

directions:

place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together. we lightly steamed the kale and we used frozen artichokes from Trader Joes, that we defrosted before tossing into the quiche. remember add any flavors of your liking.

pour quiche into a pie shell and let it bake away for about 45 minutes.

slice and enjoy.

we just love how you can whip up a healthy meal in no time. quiches will always be something we love.

a simple healthy recipe that can be easily altered for your taste. as most quiches call for cheese. we omitted this, but if you are looking for a more cheesy quiche, throw in about 1/4 cup of cheese.

we love finding a basic thing and finding ways to add veggies to it. just like in our lentil pie and quinoa casserole.

Twins Question: Do you like quiche? What is your favorite quiche recipe? For non quiche lovers what is one dish your mom made that you just loved?

hope everyone has a wonderful day!

we got a fun day today! some new things happening with our bakery. cannot wait to share more as things start to development.

till next time,

l & m

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

44 thoughts on “kale artichoke tomato quiche

1. I love making quiche..it’s so healthy and nice to have made in advance for the week! This sounds like a great flavor…and I really like tomatoes, artichokes, and kale…thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 6:30 am
  2. I remember eating quiche growing up as well with a thick, flaky, buttery crust. I haven’t thought to try and make one in so long but this looks too simple to not try! It’s almost like a frittata too right? And I love how you kept the veggies nice and big and leafy too, yum!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 6:42 am
    1. Katie never had a frittata but yes like that!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 6:44 am
  3. Looks amazing! The perfect quiche: kale, artichokes and healthy coconut milk instead of cream! Great idea.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 6:44 am
    1. oh yes we love our coconut milk! the only milk we really use

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 8:48 am
  4. I always think that crustless quiches are just frittatas…I guess I don’t know the difference.

My mom makes quiche for Christmas breakfast every year and I am always sad that I can’t eat it with the gluteny crust. I love making frittatas though and anything with kale and artichoke hearts is great. They pair so well together with any green leafy veg and sun dried tomatoes, especially. And mushrooms. And roasted red peppers. And nooch.

I’ll stop now. πŸ™‚

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 7:00 am
    1. Katie never knew the real difference either, just grew up with quiche not frittatas. but i am sure they are the same!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 8:49 am
  5. YUM! I need more kale in my life! Quiche is great because you can use any veggies you have on hand. I like onions, peppers, tomatoes and broccoli

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 7:04 am
  6. Ooooo looks so rich and tasty. Looks almost like spinach artichoke dip….in quiche form!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 7:39 am
    1. yes Alex πŸ™‚

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 8:50 am
  7. I’m diggin’ the big chunks of veggies! Quiche is so delicious, and you’re right, so easy to make. I need to make them more often. They’re great leftovers.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 8:07 am
  8. I LOVE crustless vegetable quiches! One of my all time favorites! This looks beautiful and delicious!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 8:36 am
    1. Sarena love how we have similar tastes πŸ˜‰

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 8:50 am
  9. Yum! I love crustless quiche! Great idea to use artichokes – i don’t eat them enough.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 9:32 am
  10. Looks FANTASTIC!! Quiche is one of my favorites. Love all the veggies in here.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 9:33 am
  11. i love quiche! well i love anything with eggs haha. last night around 830 i was craving savory so i at an egg with some hummus on top πŸ™‚ i cannot wait to hear the new bakery developments!! exciting stuff πŸ™‚

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 10:37 am
  12. Ooh I love artichokes and tomatoes, love quiche and need to learn how to use kale in other ways, so this recipe is perfect for me! Thanks girls!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 10:49 am
  13. Eggs are probably in my top 3 foods. I just love how versatile and delicious they are!! Eggs ftw…especially in this quiche πŸ™‚

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 11:31 am
  14. It almost looks like a kale chip on top. I think I’m in love with you two.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 11:35 am
  15. Dolls, I’ve never had quiche, but I’m trying this!! I’m going to make it without a crust like the normal ones come with {they do, right?! LOL} and just bake some veggies and eggs!! YUM!!

xxoo

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 11:44 am
    1. Kris haha yep normally have a crust, but we have never been crust girls

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 2:29 pm
  16. This looks so good! Greens, artichokes and eggs are a fantastic combo. I love quiche, but always prefer them without excessive amounts of cheese, and almost never eat the crust. So this is perfect.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 12:23 pm
    1. Rachel same here never been big on the crust and cheese

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 2:29 pm
  17. This looks great! I love quiche, and had a similar experience with not eating eggs for a while and then adding them back into my diet. I’m so glad I came to my senses πŸ™‚
    When I was a kid, my mom’s quiche had pepperoni and cheese in/on it…but now I’d much prefer spinach!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm
  18. My husband and I say that eggs are probably the number one reason we could never go vegan. They are such a great food! Glad you are enjoying them in lovely dishes like this one!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm
  19. Looking forward to your news.
    My mom made crustless quiches for me when I was little so gf–there was one she made with parsley that I loved. Otherwise, I’m not much of a quiche person, but this one looks like one I would much enjoy!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm
  20. My all time favourite recipe is my Mum’s Pesto pasta! It is vegan and dairy free and could be gluten free too, if you used gluten free pasta. You can find the whole recipe here: http://livehealthysimply.com/2011/12/meat-free-monday-dairy-free-pesto-pasta/

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 3:41 pm
    1. Thanks Jessica for sharing!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm
  21. this looks fab! So glad that it’s crust free!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 5:32 pm
  22. Hey ladies,
    Just tried this quiche..delish! How did you get it to not be watery? Mine came out super mushy.
    Thanks! Love the blog,
    ~B

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 6:12 pm
    1. Hey Bonne, well with fresh tomatoes you run the risk of more water in recipe. plus artichokes have water too. ours came out a till soft too, especially since we left it in the pan too long. maybe next time try next milk.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm
  23. This is another recipe I must try. You use some of my favorite vegetables and a favorite fruit since I guess a tomato is really a fruit. Love the rustic artisan look of keeping the veggies big!

I made your brownie recipe with sweet potato puree and it was a hit. My kids still don’t know they ate a brownie with sweet potatoes in it. My husband knew and didn’t want to try it even though he likes brownies and sweet potatoes separately :). His loss. The brownies were great-especially the next day.

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 7:14 pm
    1. Leah awesome!! yes we love that brownie recipe

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 9:17 pm
  24. Mmm…anything with kale and eggs has my attention! Great recipe. πŸ™‚

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 8:29 pm
  25. Sounds like a perfect combination! Must try!

Posted on February 7, 2012 at 9:55 pm
  26. Oh ladies, this looks HEAVENLY. Your photos are gorgeous. <3

Posted on February 8, 2012 at 8:08 am
  27. My parents were big on quiche, too. I think we had it every Sunday for breakfast for at least 15 years. The crust was SO thick! In fact, I think there was more crust than there was filling, and I didn’t mind. Great to know that it can still be tasty (and gluten-free) without the crust!

Posted on February 8, 2012 at 8:54 am
  28. honest-to-goodnesss yum! baked greens just make me happy. thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Posted on February 8, 2012 at 9:50 am
  29. I just love you recipes! I’ll have to try this one. I just made the Cheesy Quinoa Casserole, and it was heaven!! Love your blog!

Posted on February 9, 2012 at 10:07 pm
    1. Jennifer thank you! and glad to hear you loved the cheesy quinoa casserole πŸ˜‰

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 5:05 am
  30. I have made 2 of your posted recipes in the last week. The first for Superbowl Sunday was the incredible triple chocolate (nocheese)cake which was a huge HIT!!! Then last night made the Kale-artichoke-tomato-quiche, which was not only fantastic but incredibly easy to do, even for a non-cooker such as myself. Thanks for sharing and writing such a great blog and just being awesome all around!!!!

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 9:10 am
  31. About to go throw this together. CANNOT WAIT to eat it tonight for dinner! Thanks twins! πŸ™‚

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm
  32. Would you know roughly how many calories in one serving of this recipe?

Posted on January 11, 2014 at 2:58 pm