dream kitchen

hello friends,

well our guests have left and now we are getting back into our routine. it sure was nice to be out and doing things, instead of being on the computer so much. we spent a lot of time this weekend looking at houses. Gary and I  are starting to think and plan for our future and getting a house is the next step for us, besides getting married ;)

as we have been looking at places, one thing that i look forward to most is seeing the KITCHEN!! being a chef. baker. foodie. i spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so i want one that i just love, you know?

well as usual i turn to pinterest for kitchen inspirations, here are some of the latest kitchens i would die to have…

Source: bhg.com via Pure2raw on Pinterest

a lot of the houses we have been looking at have been more older homes, so kitchens are smaller. i am trying not to be picking but would love to have a kitchen with lots of natural light, big, counter space, open feel…and not having that much luck getting all these things. so not sure when i will get my dream kitchen, but a girl can dream!

Twins Question: what do you look for in kitchens? what is the one room you always look forward to seeing when looking at houses? what would your dream kitchen be like?

till next time,

Lori

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

19 Responses to dream kitchen

1. Andrea says:

LOVE these kitchens! I have been talking to my husband about plans to spruce up our kitchen. I lucked out we got a big one with lots of natural light, but I would love to redo the breakfast bar and have it feature old barn wood along with big comfy bar stools. Also want to integrate some shelves full of my mason jars & pantry goods to replace some of the old cupboards. Thanks for posting such great photos!!

2. I love the tile floor in that second kitchen!! So cute!
    Anna @ On Anna’s Plate recently posted..Puppies. And soup. But mostly puppies.My Profile

3. I squealed over all of these pictures! I’m not a cook/baker/chef, but can live vicariously through you guys!
    Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..champions: the breakfast of championsMy Profile

4. Treesa says:

The kitchen is certainly my favorite room of the house! We just moved this summer and I now have a big kitchen with lots of windows and natural light. What a difference compared to a small cramped, dark kitchen before. Even here in the Pacific Northwest, where we have lots of cloudy days, my kitchen is still bright. I LOVE that!
    Happy house (kitchen) hunting!
    Treesa recently posted..Coconut Pumpkin Curry and PearD JuiceMy Profile

5. Gorgeous kitchens! Right now I just long for a day when I have decent counter space in my *clean* kitchen, gas stoves, and electric ovens. Basically, anything other than a dorm kitchenette, shared kitchen, or tiny apartment kitchen.
    Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Little LuxuriesMy Profile

6. Jane says:

ahhhhh love pinterest! I always love looking at people’s kitchens, and bathrooms! hahaha I hope to someday have a dreamy kitchen!
    Jane recently posted..Crockpot Monday: Shredded Pork SandwichesMy Profile

7. A dream kitchen for me would be a really tall open ceiling with skylights and wooden beams. Perfect for photography.
    katie @KatieDid recently posted..Shrimp Fried “Rice”My Profile

8. lindsay says:

i’m about to PIN ALL!!! YES!
    lindsay recently posted..It’s all DandyMy Profile

9. Oh my goshhh, I’m so moving with you! ;] hahaha my dream is to have an AMAZING kitchen! these are all adorable!!
    Kasey (@PowerCakes) recently posted..Mirrorless Monday StoryMy Profile

10. Lisa says:

Ah, beautiful kitchens! I love looking at kitchens and bathrooms the most—there is just so much you can do with a kitchen..and so many pretty features you can have!
    Lisa recently posted..Drink Ideas (that are not plain water)My Profile

11. MCM Mama says:

My house was built in 1939 and my stove is not much newer than that, so I dream about a nice kitchen. But, to be honest, if we were in the market , I’d be more concerned about a big open family area and a nice master bath. I’d sell my soul for a master bathroom. (OK, not really, but I’m so tired of sharing with my kids LOL)
    MCM Mama recently posted..All done but the decoratingMy Profile

12. oh i can relate to this! well not now since we are renting and have a galley kitchen in the city BUT a year ago when we were still living in our very first house! it was a 1950s tiny kitchen and we knocked down a wall and redid the whole thing ourselves! this was the final product (thanks ikea and your 144 boxes later!) http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/joydivider21/?action=view&current=4908_541368167244_55302666_32138673_1624124_n.jpg

if i could do another kitchen i would want poured concrete countertops, cork floor again & white cabinets! i love your inspirations esp the 6th photo!
    The Delicate Place recently posted..exciting fashionMy Profile

13. LOVE the large windows/natural light and the wooden countertops…two things I don’t have enough of in my apartment: windows and counter space! Haha. But, it’s something to work towards, right?
    Alyssa (Down To Earth) recently posted..13.1 miles?!?!?My Profile

14. I could handle any of those :) Right now, my kitchen is 3 feet wide by about 5 feet long. It’s the size of a shoebox, but I’ve learned to be efficient and not be (too much) of a pack rat and blogging dishes hoarder..but I wanna be :)
    Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Never Turned It OnMy Profile

15. Kris says:

kitchens are my favorite room… Jason and I are house hunting, and I told him the other day, I do not need a big house… just a BIG kitchen! we daydreamed about the perfect place, which was basically a huge open loft area with a big daylight kitchen. :)
    Kris recently posted..Meyer lemon mousse in chocolate cupsMy Profile

16. cj says:

STORAGE!!!!!! any good kitchen has to have fab storage if not its not a good setup and things are chaos!

17. Joy says:

I don’t have a dream kitchen (that whole I don’t cook thing comes into play here) but when we bought our house it was important to me we had a little quiet nook to enjoy

18. Ela says:

Wow, I love that one with the flour drawers and spice racks! Yep me too, always look at the kitchen whenever I go to someone’s house. I’ve always lived in such tiny places so never had a state of the art kitchen, and that’s fine with me, but I keep a look out for lots of counter space and sensible design in terms of what’s next to what in a kitchen, and almost always comment on people’s kitchens when I visit. A good view doesn’t hurt either, and we certainly have that…
    Ela recently posted.."50 First Weeks:" the Sore Throat Smoothie VersionMy Profile

19. hihorosie says: