super bowl sweet potato lime guacamole

making guacamole for the superbowl party

hello friends,

we absolutely loved hearing all the answers to our little fun question game yesterday. looks like everyone wants to be super fit, most people are wine lovers (cheers to that), and chocolate pulled ahead by 2!

the recipe we have for you today plus video of Michelle making it, is a quick and healthy recipe that everyone will love.

sweet potato lime guacamole perfect for game day.

we feel this sweet potato lime guacamole would be perfect for any Super Bowl party. we are planning on making it again this football Sunday.

we made this guacamole recipe a few years ago for another super bowl game recipe idea. we remembered loving it so much and decided to make it again, but this time add in a video of us making it.

mashing avocado for superbowl mashing avocado

steamed sweet potato steamed sweet potato

prepping all ingredients

ingredients for guacamole recipe

love fresh cilantro

mashing avocado for superbowl guacamole

Michelle hard at work

we could not find kabocha squash in stores any more, so this time we used sweet potatoes. luckily the sweet potato worked amazing in this recipe as well! although we feel sweet potatoes taste great with so many things.

we served our sweet potato lime guacamole with some raw gluten free crackers, but it would really go well with just about anything.

easy superbowl snacks

super bowl sweet potato lime guacamole

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Yield: makes about 2 cups of dip

super bowl sweet potato lime guacamole

Sweet potato lime guacamole perfect to serve on game day with your favorite veggies, chips or crackers. A healthy homemade guacamole dip.

Ingredients

• 2 avocados
  • 1 small sweet potato, steamed and cut into chunks
  • 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
  • good handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 garlic gloves, sliced
  • 1 lime zest and juice or lemon would be fine
  • sea salt to taste

Directions

1. scoop out your avocado into a bowl. next steam up your sweet potato and skin. cut into chunks and add into the bowl with the avocado. begin to mash with a spoon or fork.
  2. then slice up your scallions and garlic. zest and juice your lime. toss them into the bowl and continue to mash and stir till everything is mixed well. we like our guacamole on the chunky side.
  3. and we sprinkled ours with some black lava sea salt.

easy healthy sweet potato guacamole that is a perfect addition to any super bowl party, what do you think? we think so.

eating a raw gluten free cracker with guacamole easy as 1-2-3

enjoy the video.

now it is time to eat and watch some football. who wants to join us?

we always forget how quick and easy making guacamole can be. and the possibilities are endless. some other great guacamole recipes that we have seen that caught our eyes are:

edamame guacamole from two peas & their pod

garden guacamole from Kristen’s raw

firecracker guacamole from the wannabe chef

have  a wonderful day,

L & M

42 Responses to super bowl sweet potato lime guacamole

1. this looks amazing!!!! i LOVE sweet potato and avocado together.
    Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Curried Vegetables with Coconut QuinoaMy Profile

2. RH says:

Dang look at Michelle’s super tough arm muscles in those photos! Rock it.

3. Oh yum! Guacamole is probably my favorite food. Love the sweet potato added in. Looks delicious!
    Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes recently posted..Pretzel Pecan ClustersMy Profile

4. Hi Lovies!!! Ahhh I LOVE Guac and will love trying this one, thank you!!

Nothing beats cold fresh guacamole with some good veggies to dip in!!

xxoo
    Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Grain Free Diet Update #2 {Toned Up & Skin Update}My Profile

5. ohhh all of my favorite flavors in a bowl, love! I think I just decided I need to make this for a party I’m going to sunday, definite crowd pleaser!
    katie @KatieDid recently posted..Peaks and PitsMy Profile

6. Erica says:

What a fun spin on guacamole!! Yall are so creative!!
    Erica recently posted..At Home Sweet & Sour ChickenMy Profile

7. What an AWESOME recipe, girls!!! They are definitely two of my favorite things! So simple with the ingredients too!

Oh, and I thought you should know for Ella’s first birthday I am stoked to make a bunch of your doughnuts and set up a “make your own” station for the kids where they can add their own toppings! Thanks for the recipe. I;m not sure if I should get the pans to bake them or the mini doughnut maker though? The pans I can do bigger batches, but if I get the mini maker I could maybe make them on site for the kids? I know you love your doughnut maker but what do you think?
    Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..10 Tips On Becoming A “Popular” Healthy Living BlogMy Profile

• Laury that is awesome!! we hope they all like it :) tough question but we would say the mini donut maker from target is really easy to use and bakes the donuts a lot faster, but the pans are good too. the mini donut maker can bake donuts in about 2 minutes just have to do them multiple rounds to use all the batter up, as with the pans they tend to bake 12-15 minutes. but really we feel all would be great! let us know if there is anything else :)

8. I never thought of putting sweet potato into guacamole. I can’t get sweet potatoes in Turkey, but I suppose any orange squash would do the trick…kabocha?
    Aylin @ Glow Kitchen recently posted..Jasmine Stuffed PeppersMy Profile

9. PURE GENIUS! I am so excited to try this out. I have a kabocha squash and some ripe avocados waiting to be converted into edible AWESOME!
    Sarah @ Serotonin for Breakfast recently posted..Pure Yoga, Pure BlissMy Profile

10. lindsay says:

can i come to your house for the superbowl? no wait, fly here, skip the superbowl and go wine tasting with me. But bring the guac!
    lindsay recently posted..Cotter ConfessionsMy Profile

11. You can have the guac, but I want the crackers! YUM!
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..I’m Not A Runner…Help!My Profile

12. Lisa says:

This looks awesome! What a great idea :-)
    Lisa recently posted..Champagne Vinaigrette and Intermittent ActivityMy Profile

13. ChenaRaw says:

EEEP! That would be my excited little mouse squeak. This looks amazing! I’ve been craving guacamole, but wanted to mix it up- you ladies read my mind! Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to try it!
    ChenaRaw recently posted..Help me send out some healing!My Profile

14. This looks soooooo good! I love that we both posted sweet potato dip recipes on the same day! You two are clearly geniuses.
    Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Killed by The Cooter Cooter.My Profile

15. Heathy says:

Ah! Love guac. Never thought about adding sweet potato to it. Cute video!!! Your crackers are the best! I still have biscotti … Mmmm :)
    Heathy recently posted..My Raw Chocolate FactoryMy Profile

16. I never would have thought of combining avacado and sweet potato. Sounds good!!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..ReminderMy Profile

17. You guys are geniuses! I might leave the sweet potato chunky.
    StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..How Goats Can Save The US EconomyMy Profile

18. This is so weird but so cool! Two of our favourite food items together at last!
    Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan recently posted..Curried Vermicelli Noodles w/ VegMy Profile

19. Shakun says:

This look good :)…really nice pictures! I think Super Bowl is incomplete without guacamole (interesting guacamole article btw –> http://www.ifood.tv/network/guacamole) and some crunchy nachos.

20. Hi girls,
    This is such a fabulous idea for a guacamole with a twist! It looks so delicious.

I wanted to let you know how much I love your blog. I am new-ish to the blogging world and you two lovely ladies have definitely been an inspiration for me :)

Your raw crackers look SO good. I live in Australia, would you send them here?

Thanks!

21. catching up on google reader and DANG this sounds amazing! i can’t wait to give it a try next time i make guac! great idea!!
    natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Honey Chipotle Turkey MeatballsMy Profile

22. meghan says:

this looks awesome! Thank you guys so much, I am going to try this tonight

23. Brooke says:

Ladies, I would kill for your Twincakes cracker recipes, any chance you’ll be sharing them in the near future? In your blog or cookbook? Pretty ppplleeaassee??