super bowl sweet potato lime guacamole

making guacamole for the superbowl party

hello friends,

we absolutely loved hearing all the answers to our little fun question game yesterday. looks like everyone wants to be super fit, most people are wine lovers (cheers to that), and chocolate pulled ahead by 2!

the recipe we have for you today plus video of Michelle making it, is a quick and healthy recipe that everyone will love. we call it our sweet potato lime guacamole.

we feel this sweet potato lime guacamole would be perfect for any Super Bowl party. we are planning on making it again this football Sunday.

we made this guacamole recipe a few years ago for another super bowl game recipe idea. we remembered loving it so much and decided to make it again, but this time add in a video of us making it.

mashing avocado for superbowl mashing avocado

steamed sweet potato steamed sweet potato

prepping all ingredients

ingredients for guacamole recipe

love fresh cilantro

mashing avocado for superbowl guacamole

Michelle hard at work

super bowl guacamole with sweet potato

we could not find kabocha squash in stores any more, so this time we used sweet potatoes. luckily the sweet potato worked amazing in this recipe as well! although we feel sweet potatoes taste great with so many things.

we served our sweet potato lime guacamole with some raw gluten free crackers, but it would really go well with just about anything.

[print_this]

easy superbowl snacks

purelytwins recipe: sweet potato lime guacamole

prep-time: about 5-8 minutes

serves: varies

Ingredients:

• 2 avocados
  • 1 small sweet potato, steamed and cut into chunks
  • 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
  • good handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 garlic gloves, sliced
  • 1 lime zest and juice or lemon would be fine
  • * sea salt (we topped our guacamole with it)

Directions:

scoop out your avocado into a bowl. next steam up your sweet potato and skin. cut into chunks and add into the bowl with the avocado. begin to mash with a spoon or fork.

then slice up your scallions and garlic. zest and juice your lime. toss them into the bowl and continue to mash and stir till everything is mixed well. we like our guacamole on the chunky side.

and we sprinkled ours with some black lava sea salt.

serve with crackers (twin cakes crackers would be a nice addition and bonus in more nutrition) or any chips of your liking. we also enjoyed it with our juice pulp crackers (click link for recipe)

enjoy.

[/print_this]

easy healthy sweet potato guacamole that is a perfect addition to any super bowl party, what do you think? we think so.

eating a raw gluten free cracker with guacamole easy as 1-2-3

enjoy the video.

now it is time to eat and watch some football. who wants to join us?

we always forget how quick and easy making guacamole can be. and the possibilities are endless. some other great guacamole recipes that we have seen that caught our eyes are:

edamame guacamole from two peas & their pod

garden guacamole from Kristen’s raw

firecracker guacamole from the wannabe chef

have  a wonderful day,

L & M

Twin sisters. Personal trainers. Creators of Purely Fit Life online workout club. Helping and inspiring others to get strong and fit at home. Cookbook authors of 3 allergy-friendly ebooks. Bakers. Bloggers. Youtubers. Enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a focus on real food. Love inspiring others to become happy and fit in all parts of life.

A trusted source for all things health, fitness, recipes, and happiness. Every article is real, relatable, and with a side of fun :)

Follow along as Lori shares her journey of being pregnant with her first child.

Learn more about the purely twins and what you’ll find on the blog

Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube

42 Responses to super bowl sweet potato lime guacamole

1. this looks amazing!!!! i LOVE sweet potato and avocado together.

2. RH says:

Dang look at Michelle’s super tough arm muscles in those photos! Rock it.

3. Oh yum! Guacamole is probably my favorite food. Love the sweet potato added in. Looks delicious!

4. Hi Lovies!!! Ahhh I LOVE Guac and will love trying this one, thank you!!

Nothing beats cold fresh guacamole with some good veggies to dip in!!

xxoo

5. ohhh all of my favorite flavors in a bowl, love! I think I just decided I need to make this for a party I’m going to sunday, definite crowd pleaser!

6. Erica says:

What a fun spin on guacamole!! Yall are so creative!!

7. What an AWESOME recipe, girls!!! They are definitely two of my favorite things! So simple with the ingredients too!

Oh, and I thought you should know for Ella’s first birthday I am stoked to make a bunch of your doughnuts and set up a “make your own” station for the kids where they can add their own toppings! Thanks for the recipe. I;m not sure if I should get the pans to bake them or the mini doughnut maker though? The pans I can do bigger batches, but if I get the mini maker I could maybe make them on site for the kids? I know you love your doughnut maker but what do you think?

• Laury that is awesome!! we hope they all like it :) tough question but we would say the mini donut maker from target is really easy to use and bakes the donuts a lot faster, but the pans are good too. the mini donut maker can bake donuts in about 2 minutes just have to do them multiple rounds to use all the batter up, as with the pans they tend to bake 12-15 minutes. but really we feel all would be great! let us know if there is anything else :)

8. I never thought of putting sweet potato into guacamole. I can’t get sweet potatoes in Turkey, but I suppose any orange squash would do the trick…kabocha?

9. PURE GENIUS! I am so excited to try this out. I have a kabocha squash and some ripe avocados waiting to be converted into edible AWESOME!

10. lindsay says:

can i come to your house for the superbowl? no wait, fly here, skip the superbowl and go wine tasting with me. But bring the guac!

11. You can have the guac, but I want the crackers! YUM!

12. Lisa says:

This looks awesome! What a great idea :-)

13. ChenaRaw says:

EEEP! That would be my excited little mouse squeak. This looks amazing! I’ve been craving guacamole, but wanted to mix it up- you ladies read my mind! Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to try it!

14. This looks soooooo good! I love that we both posted sweet potato dip recipes on the same day! You two are clearly geniuses.

15. Heathy says:

Ah! Love guac. Never thought about adding sweet potato to it. Cute video!!! Your crackers are the best! I still have biscotti … Mmmm :)

16. I never would have thought of combining avacado and sweet potato. Sounds good!!

17. You guys are geniuses! I might leave the sweet potato chunky.

18. This is so weird but so cool! Two of our favourite food items together at last!

19. Shakun says:

This look good :)…really nice pictures! I think Super Bowl is incomplete without guacamole (interesting guacamole article btw –> http://www.ifood.tv/network/guacamole) and some crunchy nachos.

20. Hi girls,
    This is such a fabulous idea for a guacamole with a twist! It looks so delicious.

I wanted to let you know how much I love your blog. I am new-ish to the blogging world and you two lovely ladies have definitely been an inspiration for me :)

Your raw crackers look SO good. I live in Australia, would you send them here?

Thanks!

21. catching up on google reader and DANG this sounds amazing! i can’t wait to give it a try next time i make guac! great idea!!

22. meghan says:

this looks awesome! Thank you guys so much, I am going to try this tonight

23. Brooke says:

Ladies, I would kill for your Twincakes cracker recipes, any chance you’ll be sharing them in the near future? In your blog or cookbook? Pretty ppplleeaassee??