chocolate cardamom tahini mini donuts

Hey luvs,

Thanks for everyone’s tips on getting up for a morning workout!! Today Lori and I did manage to get our workout done in the morning and feel great that we did! Thanks again for the support.

okay if you follow us twitter or instagram, you would have seen me show a picture of a donut, but did not reveal what it was…hehe, until now!

and what is better than a gluten free baked chocolate donut recipe?

a chocolate cardamom donut recipe with a tahini lucuma frosting!

well we got you covered!

baked gluten free donut

just like our cardamom vanilla donuts and vegan vanilla donuts, these are so easy to make (not sure if that is a good thing haha), and beyond tasty! they can be enjoyed plain or with frosting!

mini chocolate donuts

dairy free donut frosting

Mini Chocolate Cardamom Donuts with Tahini Lucuma Frosting that are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and soy-free.

chocolate donut recipes

chocolate cardamom tahini mini donuts (gluten, grain and dairy free)

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Yield: makes about 9-12 mini donuts

chocolate cardamom tahini mini donuts (gluten, grain and dairy free)

Mini Chocolate Cardamom Donuts with Tahini Lucuma Frosting. Healthy donuts that are free of gluten, grains, dairy and soy with a low sugar frosting!

Ingredients

donut ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 1/4 cup hazelnut flour/meal (ground up hazelnuts)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp cardamom
  • Tahini lucuma frosting ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
  • 2 tsp lucuma
  • splash of vanilla
  • 2 tsp water

Directions

donut directions:
  1. place all dry ingredients into bowl and whisk together. set aside.
  2. next grab your sugar (sugar of choice) and egg and whisk together in mixing bowl. Once that is all mixed together add in your dry ingredients. begin to stir the donut batter.
  3. pre-heat your mini donut maker. once your green light turns off it is ready. begin to scoop your donut batter into each mini donut ring. we used a cookie scooper to help with the scooping (about 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp)
  4. once all rings are filled close the donut maker and let bake for 2-3 minutes. check and see if they feel done. if so remove carefully with a knife. repeat process till all donut batter has been baked.
  5. remove donuts from pan with a knife. let donuts cool as you make your frosting.
  6. make frosting
  7. place frosting ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. will be a thick frosting. adjust amounts to you liking, if you want a thinner frosting add in more water.
  8. now spread your frosting onto your chocolate donuts!
  9. *if you do not have a mini donut maker you can still make these donuts in a regular donut pan. and bake for about 10-13 minutes at 350. also if you do not have any donut pans then you can make these as mini or regular cupcakes.

substitutions for these chocolate donuts:

• carob instead of cocoa
  • almond flour instead of hazelnut
  • and sugar replacement would work, just not a liquid one
  • for a vegan version, follow our mini vegan donut recipe and 2 tbsp cocoa 2 tbsp coconut flour

substitutions for tahini lucuma frosting:

• any nut butter for the tahini
  • coconut butter for the tahini
  • maple syrup instead of lucuma
  • almond or coconut milk for water

mini baked chocolate donut recipe

why did we make these chocolate donuts? well after enjoying our hazelnut cakes and seeing how they came our great. we noticed that recipe had no oil, so we thought lets try a donut without oil. why no oil? we mentioned in our foods that can cause acne post about how we are noticing our bodies do not digest cooked oils that well. so we are trying recipes without oil.

donut chocolate recipe

healthy baked mini chocolate donuts made with no oil!

please let us know your thoughts. we thought these chocolate donuts were perfect that once we made one batch, we went and made more the next day! they are light, airy and just plain old scrumptious.

have a wonderful Friday!

NEW blog signature-01

Comments

1. says

These are great, the frosting is especially unique. I drizzle tahini over pretty much every meal I make but I never considered it in a ‘sweet’ way. I think you’re on to something for sure, it sounds decadent!

2. says

=/ I re-subscribed to your feed and I thought it was working and it turns out it isn’t. Sigh. I will have to keep tabs on checking your posts manually instead of in reader because I hate missing out on what you lovely ladies are up to.

Anyway, these donuts look great and I will make a batch for my vegan friends! We are having a vegan friend watch our house when we go on a trip, so I want to make him a few goodies to leave while we are gone. These would be perfect.

I love using xylitol! I feel like it tastes way better than something like stevia or other sweeteners.
    janetha recently posted..app happy.My Profile

• says

Sorry Janetha, are new feed does seem to be working on our end, when you click on the RSS link does it say pure2raw/new because that means it is our new feed, and it should work. but sorry for the troubles. and yes we xylitol though we like stevia too just the liquid version.

3. Teresa says

What kind of donut maker do you guys have? I bought a Bella one from Target and my donuts don’t look like yours plus alot of steam/smoke comes out of it. I am definitely not a professional baker like you guys. Everything you make looks so good!!

• says

Bella is the brand we got from Target too, yes there is some steam coming out. It is supposed to get better the more you use it, though we still have some steam coming through ours. Hang in there just time you use it, it will get better and the donuts will come out better!!

4. says

I love all your recipes, everything always looks so good! I’ve recently discovered that I have a gluten intolerance and have been avoiding it, along with trying to seriously reduce the amount of sugar I consume. I know you girls do the same and I was hoping you could give some tips/items that would help me out? I’ve never done any gluten free baking but need to learn! I would SOOO appreciate it!
    Becky recently posted..Sugar & Gluten Are Not My FriendsMy Profile

5. Betty says

Twins, I made the recipe. :)

I can’t say I made the doughnuts.(I don’t have a doughnut pan)

I made cookies. :) I covered the pan in parchment paper. Used about 2 Tbsp scoop.
    Baked 350 for 13 minutes. The cookies were soft, with slightly crunchy edges.

I opted to make ice cream sandwiches with the cookies. :) Soooooo good!

My husband said they were perfect. :)

I had to make some subs, due to not having hazelnut flour or, cardamom.

I used almond flour and, vanilla. :)

Thanks for sharing.

I am going to get a doughnut maker from Target too. Just for the fun of it! :)

6. says

Your feeds are back! I got 5 of your posts in a row! Woohoo! I’m glad you guys are getting back on track. There has been a lot going on lately, so don’t be so hard on yourselves. The donuts look delicious! I have a date with my kitchen tomorrow and I can’t wait to start baking again! Have a great weekend ladies.
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Peanut Chocolate Fudge Topping!My Profile

• says

Karen not sure possibly, they are starting to offer more and more things lately. if not almond meal would be fine, or you can make your own hazelnut flour in blender or food processor from whole hazelnuts.

7. Kerry says

Your donuts look wonderful! I can’t wait to try these, and and the vanilla cardamom version too. I already have a regular donut pan, but after seeing these I really want a mini donut maker! The minis look like just the right size, and I can’t believe how quick they are to make!

8. says

Made it!!! (and enjoying at this moment). I made 6 muffin “tops” (more like bottoms) from the recipe, and I just did not make the frosting. Still, it tastes amazing!! I actually tried cardamom for the first time and I think I’m liking its interesting flavor! Your recipes always rock :D

9. Kristine says

These were amazingly delicious. The combination of hazelnut and cocoa was like a nutella doughnut! (but wholesome).