save the ‘date’

hello luvs!

almost the weekend! and you know what that means..ok probably not. but I will tell ya! Gary is coming back to Charlotte!! for those of you who are new to our blog – first welcome and second Gary was away for over 3 months for work and now is finally coming back home. which makes me very happy.

going along with happy news I have been making great progress with our save the date invites!

here is a little preview of what it is looking like

again this is just a little preview – our story is long. once we finalize everything I will share with you all! and a big thanks to Michelle and Jen for designing the whole thing! Gary and I love it!!!

I also found a few new things that I pinned for more wedding ideas

love the white with the splash of green!

as you can tell I am going with a neutral theme with splashes of green for my big day.

hopefully my bouquet will look similar to this! I just love all the green and think it will go great with my dress.

all my bridesmaids are coming along with finding their dresses too. after finding my dress, shoes was the next mission for me. and guess what… I found my wedding shoes!!! think green haha

all the wedding planning is going well. and like so many of you mentioned to me before – ENJOY IT as TIME GOES FAST!

and I would agree

hard to believe Gary and I’s wedding day will be here before I know it.

on a completely different side note… I came across these pretty green bowls and fell in love. has nothing to do with weddings haha but I like them

continuing the love of simple and green things we are enjoying this bowl of green this morning

holla if you like green mush

promise Michelle and I have some yummy recipes to come (we have been in a sweets coma over here) and update on our skin (acne) and what we are eating lately. just have a lot going on right now and just trying to organize it all! you know how that is, right? every time we sit down to write out thoughts, something else pulls our attention away. so please excuse us for some randomness lately

Twins Question: so what color is your COLOR lately? do you like green? what was your theme color at your wedding? not married… do you have an idea of color for your big day?

till next time,

1. says

So exciting! I love green! Your wedding is going to beautiful!
    I went with a perry winkle kind of blue. I got married in January and wanted a winter look. If I had gotten married any other time though, green was on my list!
    And that “green mush” looks awesome!

2. Katherine says

I love your theme- it is actually my wedding theme as well! I am getting married in Sept. 2012 and my colors are pewter and green. My girls will be wearing grey/pewter dresses and all of my flowers and accessories will be that vibrant, grass green color. You and I follow each other on pinterest, so you may have already seen my page. All of the planning is so much fun!

3. says

I love the invite so far! And the green! I just love wedding stuff in general. :)

Green has always been one of my favorite colors, along with yellow. I usually alternate back and forth between those colors in my home, and used yellow flowers in my own wedding.
    Megan @ The Detoxinista recently posted..Juice Fast: Day 3My Profile

4. says

I LOVE the save the dates!! So so pretty! I love that they tell a story!! Make sure to keep one and frame it! that’s become one of my favorite things in our house!!

LOVE the green – it’s gorgeous!! I’m sure you’ve done this already, but Etsy is such an incredible place for wedding things!! :)

Glad the hubby to be is coming home! 3 months is a long time!
    Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty recently posted..Better Late Than Never…My Profile

5. Megan says

I love, love, love the save the dates! The colors, everything, so cute! There’s one error – “Gary ask Lori to move to Richmond” doesn’t sound quite right, just wanted to make sure you noticed :)

6. Maaike says

Love the colors! Very classy:> Mine was eggplant purple – I loved it, my bridesmaids pretended to love it!

Just an editorial note, on your Save the Date invite, should it say “Gary asked Lori to move” instead of “ask”? The other verbs in the series are past tense…Anyway, quite an amazing invite!

7. says

I like the color green, and am not married yet, but I would really love my colors to be like a lilac and a light gray. The girls in lilac and the men in light gray! They’re my favorite color pairings. That and a splash of yellow in the bouquets! :)

8. says

I think the neutral with splashes of green is SO YOU! Just from the style i have seen over the time I’ve *known* you through the blog! It will be beautiful!

I had a neutral wedding, splashes of greens and pale pinks everywhere! I carried white calla lilly and my bridesmaids carried white hydrangeas and the ribbons were mocha for them and pink for me. Love neutral and how you can accent it!
    Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Chocolate GanacheMy Profile