ginger pumpkin kefir cocktail

ginger pumpkin smoothie made with kefir

ever wonder what fall would taste like in a cup?

well here is you chance!

we have seen so many fall inspired smoothies out there that we wanted to share a version we have been enjoying lately

This recipe contains some of our favorite fall inspired ingredients:

• pumpkin
  • ginger
  • yacon syrup

freshginger

yaconsyrup

yacon syrup is great sweetener. we just love it and use it a lot, especially when we want to add some spice and depth to our recipes.

what-it-is-yacon-syrup

here are some more ways to enjoy yacon syrup: avocado puddings, pumpkin puddings, spiced ginger macaroons, pumpkin socca, and great to drizzle on pancakes.

yacon syrup we use the most is a thick syrup – similar to molasses!

yacon-syrup

[print_this]

Pure2raw recipe: Ginger Pumpkin Kefir Cocktail

prep-time: 5 minutes

equipment: blender

serves: 1-2

ingredients:

• 1 cup coconut or goat kefir (or yogurt would work)
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes
  • 1-2 inch fresh ginger, peeled
  • 2 tbsp yacon syrup (or molasses or maple syrup would work too)
  • *for sugar use stevia to taste instead of yacon syrup, or even a 1 banana would do great

Bonus additions:

• 1 scoop protein powder, or
  • 2-3 tbsp hemp seeds, or
  • 1-2 tbsp chia seeds

Directions: Blend everything in your blender till smooth and creamy!

ginger-pumpkin-kefir-smoothie

[/print_this]

we think you would agree this is fall in a cup

fall-pumpkin-smoothie

this kefir cocktail is creamy and delicious. if you have not had kefir before promise this drink will make you love it.

Twins Question: What is your favorite fall memory? do you go apple picking? do you like picking out your pumpkin? carving pumpkins? candy? being with family?

till next time,

pure2raw twins

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

29 Responses to ginger pumpkin kefir cocktail

1. Yum– love the flavors here and the beautiful vibrant color too!!
    Anna @ On Anna’s Plate recently posted..On Ryan’s Plate: Bacon Veggie BurgersMy Profile

2. I miss fall time living with my family. We would always do all the cliche fall activities, but I mostly miss just raking huge piles of leaves in my yard with my brother and bagging them up, jumping in them, and just being in the cool outdoors.
    I lovee kefir, its tangy flavor is my favorite.

3. Eden says:

Frankly, I’m so tired of he pumpkin obsession. It tastes great and all, but its nothing new. Cinderella used it to get around and food bloggers love it.
    I also don’t know what fall is cause LA doesn’t have season. We have “72 and sunny” all year round.

On a more positive note, Kefir is “kool” in my book. ;)
    Eden recently posted..Apple Banana Snickerdoodles and Why I Shouldn’t Be A Food CriticMy Profile

4. goat kefir is delicious! great looking smoothie :)
    Felicia (Natural + Balanced) recently posted..Miniature GoatsMy Profile

5. Wow! I need this now! Beautiful and delicious! I need to get some yacon syrup. It sounds amazing!
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Life Changes and Being Me!My Profile

6. Lisa says:

What a great idea!
    I love apple picking and pumpkin stuff…well, not crazy about carving pumpkins but I like the seeds!
    Lisa recently posted..KISS my Brussels Sprouts (and Halloween Planning)My Profile

7. We love kefir! although we haven’t had it in a long time. One probiotic item I neeeeed to always have in my fridge is raw sauerkraut. How did I survive without it??!
    Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan recently posted..Green Chocolate MonkeyMy Profile

8. Ela says:

I love kefir–the kefir that I make with coconut cream, and strain it, is more like a thick sour cream, but I use the whey too. It’s awesome. I made a pumpkin smoothie this week too–also featuring ginger–should probably share it. I’m still not sure about pumpkin and my tummy, though, although it doesn’t make sense to me why it should hurt.

I love yacon syrup but it is so darn expensive! I wish it was a bit more affordable…
    My favorite thing in fall was persimmons back when I lived in CA–harvesting them, eating them, making pies with them, sharing them…
    love
    Ela
    Ela recently posted..Reorganization–of Bluff and HomeMy Profile

9. what a great idea…love the kefir you used and the fresh ginger. I bet this had the perfect pop to it…the pics are gorgeous. I want to slurp this one up :)
    Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Caramel Pumpkin Whip DipMy Profile

10. Erica says:

Yum! Where did you dind the yacon?
    Erica recently posted..Doctored Butternut Squash SoupMy Profile

• Erica yacon syrup is sold in most health food stores, it is a little pricey unfortunately :( but we sometimes also buy it offline like on amazon or something. sometimes there it is a little cheaper that way.

11. drool. this looks so so tasty! i love going apple picking! when i was younger we would carve pumpkins together and head out to get candy (it is my birthday so i’d get 2x the goodies :)
    The Delicate Place recently posted..these boots were made for walkingMy Profile

12. Lauren says:

Yum, fall in a glass? Sign. Me. Up!
    Lauren recently posted..Eating for the weekend..My Profile

13. Samantha says:

wow, kefir and pumpkin??? Interesting!!!
    Samantha recently posted..Kelapo Review and Homemade Apple Pie!!My Profile

14. emma says:

This looks so good! I love recipes with pumpkin, makes me feel very “fall”- love that! : )
    emma recently posted..New juice recipe to start your day off right!My Profile

15. hihorosie says:

Ooh! Sounds great! Love the color. Wonder how coconut nectar would be in place of yacon? I don’t have any…
    hihorosie recently posted..Winner: Tropical Traditions shredded coconutMy Profile

16. vivi says:

Delicious!!!! I’m making it 2day! Is the pure raw
    shredded or cooked pumpkin first?
    Great idea! Thanks!

17. Emma says:

This just looks wonderful! I really need to start using pumpkin in smoothies. I’ve seen pumpkin shakes all over the blogosphere and have yet to give them a go! Xx

18. Abby says:

I love your blog! Thanks for posting such different and fabulous recipes! I’ve linked you to my blog. I’m new on the block. Have a great weekend!!
    Abby recently posted..My Chicken StripsMy Profile

19. THis looks absolutely beautiful and refreshing. I haven’t tried yacon syrup, but now I want to!
    Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete recently posted..Portland Marathon 2011 RecapMy Profile

20. This smoothie looks so creamy and delicious! I can’t wait to try it. My favorite fall memories are or playing in the leaf piles with my brother and trick-or-treating with all of my friends on Halloween.
    darian @ living and loving to sweat recently posted..Constructing a Highly Effective and Efficient WorkoutMy Profile

21. It looks so good and healthy! Can I use agave syrup instead of yacon?

22. […] Eat Spin RepeatPumpkin Spice Smoothie by SkinnyMs Protein Pumpkin Shake by A Pumpkin and a PrincessGinger Pumpkin Kefir by Purely TwinsVanilla Butternut Squash Smoothie by Soulful Spoon okay it’s not pumpkin, however […]