minty morning

good morning luvs!

so excited for this weekend because after a beautiful Friday we are supposed to have amazing weekend weather too! loving fall right now, how about you? weather nice where you live yet?

this morning started off right with one of our favorite chia seed pudding recipes…our mint chip. but this time we tried it with no stevia, no cacao nibs, and made it with homemade hemp seed milk.

camera settings: taken mid-morning – natural sunlight, no tripod

Focal length: 85 mm

Shutter speed: 1/125s

F-stop: 3.8

ISO: 400

Shutter speed: 1/80s

F-stop: 3.8

ISO: 400

what can we say we love starting our day with mint! so refreshing!

Shutter speed: 1/125s

F-stop: 3.5

ISO: 280

[print_this]

pure2raw recipe: no stevia mint chia seed pudding with hemp seed milk

prep-time: 10 minutes

serves: 2-3

tools needed: bowl

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cup hemp seed milk (add more or less depending on how thick you like your puddings)
  • 1/2 cup chia seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or mint extract
  • 1 teaspoon spirulina (for color, so it is optional)

Directions:

Place hemp seed milk in bowl along with chia seeds, peppermint extract and spirulina. Stir till combined.

Let sit for about 10 minutes. Then enjoy.

we doubled the mint extract compared to the first time we made our mint chia pudding because we had no sweetness so the extra flavor of mint really helped. but please adjust to your liking.

[/print_this]

delicious! we are slowly getting used to things not being so sweet and starting to enjoy it. it is nice not relying on sugar so much.

twins question: mint in the morning yay or nay? do you make your own nut/seed milks? if so, what is your favorite? if not, would you ever try making your own milk?

till next time,

L&M

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

20 Responses to minty morning

1. I’ve made pecan milk before and loved it. I guess I make so many other things that I just buy my milks. I would do mint in the morning. Sounds good to me!
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Butternut Squash OIAJ!My Profile

2. Lara says:

Okay I’m definitely trying this recipe! Sometimes I’ll have dessert but then I’ll keep on wanting more. I’ve found that anything sweet and minty helps to satisfy my sweet cravings. So this chia seed pudding is a perfect solution! Plus, my twin sister doesn’t like mint so I’ll get to have it all for myself :)
    Lara recently posted..Apple Oatmeal Crisp…the healthy way!My Profile

3. veganlisa says:

Spirulina makes everything such an incredibly vibrant green. I’ve had chocolate mint smoothies but never a pure mint pudding. It would fun thing to do over the holidays as a “candy cane” variation.

veganlisa recently posted..Vegan MoFo Day 15: Overnight Oats of AwesomeMy Profile

4. Eden says:

Mint is for one thing in the morning for me:
    Tooth paste.

sorry, I just can’t handle it in my food that early ;)
    Eden recently posted..People I’m Jealous OfMy Profile

5. Samantha says:

love this!!! fresh breath and don’t even have to brush your teeth!!
    Samantha recently posted..Healthy Halloween IdeasMy Profile

6. This is the greenest food I’ve ever seen, haha!
    Anastasia@healthymamainfo recently posted..Kid’s Craft: Seasons Of An Apple TreeMy Profile

7. Linda says:

Hello ladies. I make ALL my own nut milks. All kinds. I have a VitaMix and love how milks turn out. My most common are almond and cashew. I don’t purchase commercial milks anymore. I tried chia pudding once, and don’t like it. I think I like your mint recipe bunches, and may give it a try.

8. Ela says:

I love mint! Any time of day! And especially with that vibrant spirulina color. I haven’t had it for a while, but must have some soon.

I love making nut milk, and have made all kinds, but not recently–been super busy and got out of the habit when I cut out fat over the summer (which was a bad idea)!
    love
    Ela
    Ela recently posted..Asynchronous is Still Real Life–and Bean Stew for the BusyMy Profile

9. hihorosie says:

mint any time of the day is a good thing!
    hihorosie recently posted..Nature WalksMy Profile

10. Oh my gosh!! That looks amazing!!! I’m soooo making that. I’m also going to start following your blog, it’s great :D

11. What a lovely shade of green! I’m typically not into mint myself, unless it’s paired with chocolate ;)
    Amber Shea @Almost Vegan recently posted..Vegan brunch at Succotash in KCMy Profile

12. thank you for all the wonderful recipes you share with us. I would like to know if you know of a non-gluten, no baking powder, no baking soda bread recipe? or a gluten free sprouted essene flat bread? I hope leaving this message on this page is appropiate.
    Best Regards. gna

13. Katie says:

I have GOT to make this! I just need more chia seeds! I’m very low! Not enough to make this!
    Katie recently posted..Ahhhhhhhh!My Profile

14. Alex says:

I only have ground chia (chia powder). Would that work? It was my first time buying it at the store and I wasn’t sure which one to go with – you guys usually use the seeds?