raspberry banana smoothie

good morning luvs!

so happy to see so many of you enjoying our sugar free applesauce mini cakes! and we loved hearing your responses to what do you prefer. it looks like majority of you all love pumpkin, cinnamon, lime and vanilla. though some did like apples and chocolate.  our favorites are pumpkin, cinnamon, lemon, and chocolate. though apples and lime are close in the running.

today we have another simple smoothie recipe. one recipe that we make sometimes after we workout because it has everything we need to replenish our bodies. the recipe was inspired by our other raspberry fig smoothie.

we have cut back again on our fruit intake and just mainly rely on fruit when traveling and for our post workout smoothies. our bodies really seem to like fruit right after working out, so we plan to keep doing that. this recipe is really simple only has 4 ingredients. and if you are not a cilantro fan please substitute any green of your liking like mint, basil, or parsley.

[print_this]

Pure2raw Recipe: Raspberry Banana Cilantro Smoothie

prep-time: 5 minutes

tools needed: blender

serves 1-2

Ingredients:

• 1 pint of raspberries ( 1 bag of frozen raspberries would work too)
  • 2 bananas (may use frozen to help make it creamier)
  • 1-2 cups water (depending on how thick you like it)
  • large handful of fresh cilantro (or any herb or green of choice)

optional add-ins: hemp seeds, flax seeds, ginger, cinnamon, or a nut butter

Directions:

place water into blender followed by the bananas, raspberries, and cilantro.

blend till well combined.

pour into a glass cup and enjoy.

[/print_this]

simple, replenishing, and refreshing after a sweaty workout.

Twins Question: What is your favorite city to visit? Do you like cruises? If so, do you like relaxing on the boat or getting off the boat to do activities?

till next time,

L&M

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

19 Responses to raspberry banana smoothie

1. Erica says:

Mmm i bet this would be great with spinach! Im not a city girl…. But i love boston and charleston
    Erica recently posted..Peet’s Coffee Chocolate Chip BarsMy Profile

2. lindsay says:

i always love that you add herbs/spices to your smoothies. It definitely helps with digestion, in my opinion.
    Cruises are not my favorite, but getting off and exploring is!!!
    lindsay recently posted..30 Minute Thursday & DefinitionMy Profile

3. I love visiting New York city and Boston. I have actually never been on a cruise! I am thinking of doing a 3 day one from new Orleans to Mexico.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Apple Cranberry Crisp 1My Profile

4. Lisa says:

Looks yummy!
    I love to visit anyplace that is on the ocean :)
    But…totally not into the idea of a cruise. I like to look at the ocean but I don’t want to go out on it!
    Lisa recently posted..Ugi Ball ReviewMy Profile

5. Ela says:

Yum–I love the green/herby element. Cilantro _and_ mint or basil would be awesome too.

Not much of a city girl but what a huge question–do you mean in the US, or beyond? Athens is awesome (especially outside of tourist season) and so is Thessaloniki–and you’ve been to Spain and France, so you know how beautiful the cities are there. Edinburgh is pretty awesome too.

I like San Francisco a lot, especially because it’s not too big. I’ve only spent maybe three days ever in New York, so I’d definitely like to visit there.

Cruises–I think I’d get stir crazy unless I could get off the boat and explore regularly!
    Are these honeymoon brainstorming ideas?
    love
    Ela
    Ela recently posted..An Amazing Movie, Raw Gingerbread Success, and That SaladMy Profile

6. The smoothie looks delicious! My favorite city ever was Paris, but I haven’t really traveled much and I’m guessing it may be more for the fact that it seemed so unattainable to me. I also LOVE New York!
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Effect or Affect?My Profile

7. that looks…perfect! And the photography is gorgeous. Love the bananas in soft blur in the background!
    Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Weekend StartMy Profile

8. Lou says:

Wow, never thought about adding cilantro to a fruity smoothie – think I will be giving this combo a whirl this morning! The photo looks so tempting. Have never been on a cruise – I reckon it would be fun as long as there was no sea-sickness involved!
    Lou recently posted..buckwheat and chia, the odd couple that have it ‘going on’My Profile

9. Hannah says:

Ohmygosh, I’m so envious! Bananas are still at least $3 each here in Australia and a pint of fresh raspberries would cost between $18-24, so this smoothie is utter luxury in Australian terms!!

10. You had me until cilantro :) Not a fan of that herb, but love the raspberry banana combo, and maybe I should try basil!

I’ve never been on a cruise!
    Alisa Fleming recently posted..Two Words: Chocolate GranolaMy Profile

11. Moya says:

Love the ingredients in your healthy smoothie, I am a great fan of cilantro so will give this a try. I am also experimenting with my food photography so thank you for sharing your information.

12. I picked up some amazing fresh raspberries so definitely trying this tomorrow for my post workout smoothie! Thank you girls :)
    Nada (One Arab Vegan) recently posted..WIAW #6: What I Would’ve Eaten WednesdayMy Profile