banana pumpkin chia seed pudding

hello friends,

how was everyone’s weekend? how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

starting to feel like fall here in NC and we are loving it. slowing starting to pull out some long sleeves and sweatshirts.  I am not sure what it is…I just love the change of seasons. I guess I feel like I am getting a fresh start or something.

speaking of fall coming we have another version of a pumpkin pudding recipe to share today. remember our pumpkin pudding photo session yesterday?

is everyone ready to see pumpkin recipes everywhere in the blog world?

Michelle and I have already started to enjoy our favorite winter squashes!

lucky for us pumpkin is not on our list of foods for us to avoid during these 7-10 days of our elimination diet. it was one food that we did not eat that often to feel we could be sensitive to it. plus never in the past we remember ever feeling blah after having it. so for now it is ok food for us to be enjoying.

we did a few things different this time around compared to our first time making our pumpkin chia pudding recipe. again on this elimination diet we are not allowed any type of sweetener besides using fresh fruit. I feel this recipe is even easier than our first one. and if you want to jazz up your pumpkin puddings, check out our pumpkin carob mousse cakes.

this pumpkin chia seed pudding is sweetened with a banana. and it is not overly sweet. we are slowing learning to love less sweet – sweet things. does that make sense? We are slowly learning to love the actually taste of food again, and not rely on sweetness. It is hard as we do have a huge sweet tooth.

this recipe is naturally gluten-free, soy-free and vegan (and mostly raw besides the canned pumpkin)

[print_this]

Pure2raw Recipe: Banana pumpkin chia seed pudding

prep-time: 5 minutes

tools needed: blender

serves: 3-4

Ingredients:

• 1 can pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup irish moss paste (a link to our video making it)
  • 1 banana
  • 2-3 tablespoons chia seeds
  • splash of vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon cardamom

Directions:

Place pumpkin, irish moss paste, and banana in your blender. Blend till smooth.

Add in chia seeds at the end and blend.

May enjoy at room temperature or place in a bowl to set in refrigerate.  When it is cold is does get a little firm from the irish moss.

Substitutions:

• if you do not have irish moss paste my substitute for cashews or more bananas.
  • if it is not sweet enough for you please feel free to add in more sweetness of your choice.

[/print_this]

we plan on enjoying this version of pumpkin pudding from time to time. it was delicious, simple and easy on our stomachs. also, great travel food too, just put some in a mason jar and grab a spoon and you are good to go

we love the little texture that the chia seeds provide this pudding. this pudding is full of fiber, Omega’s, and vitamin A.

chia seeds can be optional in this pudding if you are not a fan. Although, I am sorry if you are not a fan of chia seeds because we absolutely love them! Chia seeds are a top source of Omega 3’s in our diet. which we know some people could be low in.

we will plan on giving more updates on our health and elimination diet here soon.

Twins Questions: Do you worry about your Omega intake? What about your Omega 3’s? Who has not had any pumpkin yet this season? Do like sweet or savory items made with pumpkin?

till next time,

Lori

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

25 Responses to banana pumpkin chia seed pudding

1. Tamikko says:

love pumpkin, love chia seeds. Love this recipe! Thanks girls :)

2. Tamikko says:

PS: Love the new look of the blog :)

3. I’m a big chia seed fan too! This sounds SO tasty ladies.
    Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..Weekend Highlights + Tomato Basil Chickpea Salad {Secret Recipe Club}My Profile

4. That looks so good! I need to find some of this irish moss paste. I do try to get in omega-3′s particularly because I don’t eat fish or anything. I take a supplement but I don’t think that’s as good as the “real” thing. I love chia seeds!
    Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..What I Learned From the Boy Who Hates VegetablesMy Profile

• Liz we did a video on how to make your own irish moss paste if you are interested. And we have a supplement for omega 3 but cannot seem to remember to take it. Although we do have fish occasionally, but not sure if that is enough.

5. sophie says:

looks great. i think i will have to get this book because i seem to have very very very similar issues to you girls.

one question though…1 can of pumpkin is what amount? ie. how many grams or cups in one can of pumpkin?

thank you and take good care!

6. You ladies and your pumpkin recipes… :-) Looks delicious!
    Anna @ On Anna’s Plate recently posted..Mock TacoMy Profile

7. Sam says:

I did not care about omega 3 but I have read udos book and give it a try. After 3 weeks I have noticed big change in energy level and my face have totally clear up( after 5 years of suffering from breakouts) I have tried everything before all cream all pills to help and this was like miracle to me I could not believe. But I have taken big doses of omega 3 he suggested to do so in his book

8. Ashley says:

The weather is transitioning. Today it’s 80, but last week we had 2 days in the 50′s. The nights are definitely much cooler! I love pumpkin chia pudding! I’m definitely a fan of the blended chia pudding, as opposed to the un-blended. :) I really don’t worry or even think about my omega-3 intake, haha. I use hemp oil and eat a decent amount of nuts + chia, so hopefully I’m good to go! As for sweet or savory…I’m into both! Pumpkin soups are delicious and it goes really well with curry.

9. This is a great little recipe! Never thought of banana and pumpkin together. But obviously it would be good! I haven’t had pumpkin yet but am looking forward to the pumpkin take over that seems to happen in the blogosphere come fall.
    Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan recently posted..Sketch-free Vegan STUDENT Eating 101 – BreakfastMy Profile

10. Erica says:

Ive never tried moss paste. I bet its one of those things that sounds scary but really isnt
    Erica recently posted..Ghirardelli Sea Salt Double Chocolate CookiesMy Profile

11. Charissa says:

I Love the fact you are posting sugar free recipes! It makes me happy and inspires me!

You girls are awesome!
    Charissa recently posted..Going on the Road…My Profile

12. igor says:

Every people is different and also for requirement of omega3 some need less some need more. I have found in my practice (MD in Europe) that people under stress need much more omega 3, I have also found that skin issue can be treated with higher doses of omega 3. Give it a chance

13. hihorosie says:

yum! Love pumpkin – definite bonus for fall!
    hihorosie recently posted..Thoughtful ThursdayMy Profile

14. Suzanne Lively says:

Okay, so, may I assume that ’1 can’ means a 12 ounce can? Silly me, I shop at Costco and the cans of pumpkin are huge! LOL I want to make this so may buy a small can first…or use 12 ounces. LOL