no stevia avocado pudding

One thing that was highly recommended on Diet Wise Elimination diet was no sugar and even sugar substitutes!

So yesterday was the first day we had no stevia!!  gasp

It has been a hard breakup for us because we love our stevia, but we have been enjoying fruit again when we need something sweet.

We created our first no stevia avocado pudding.

Avocado pudding is something we love to eat almost daily, so making it non sweet was a challenge. but it was a challenge we were happy to figure out

no stevia mint avocado pudding

Prep Time: 5 minutes

serves 2

no stevia mint avocado pudding

A healthy pudding that is made from avocado and cucumber. Raw, dairy-free, vegan pudding. Sugar-free! No stevia!

Ingredients

• 2 avocados
  • 1/4 cup raw carob powder
  • 1/2 cup cucumber, skinned
  • 1/2 – 1 teaspoon spirulina (optional)
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract (alcohol free) or a few drops peppermint essential oil

Directions

1. Blend everything up in the blender till creamy!
  2. The spirulina is optional we just do it for more nutritional value.
  3. Add more or less peppermint to taste.

The carob and mint really helped with flavor and being non sweet. The cucumber was added just for water, could always do a little water instead.

We created this recipe because we were craving something “dessert-like” and this is what we came up created while still following our food elimination plan. To even our surprise it was not that bad. Knowing ahead of time that it was not going to be sweet helped :) There was a slight hint of mint with a little carob but not over powering. A fairly simple creamy pudding.

We are ending day two of our food elimination diet and are proud that we have been able to say no to things. We both are feeling tired, foggy head, etc we know it might be some detox symptoms as well as withdrawal from caffeine and sugar.  Our spirits are still up! We keep reminding ourselves why we are doing this – to feel better! We know it will happen soon

Twins Question: Any good movie recommendations? What is your all time favorite movie that you could watch over and over again?

till next time,

L&M

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

Deliciously chocolately homemade chocolate TEDDY GRAHAMS! We are so excited to share this recipe for homemade chocolate teddy grahams that we have been working on for you. After making our original homemade teddy grahams we knew we had to create a chocolate version. Since we are chocolate lovers. Rich dark chocolate even better. And that…

Read More »

Comments

1. says

Wow, eliminating stevia is tough!! Glad you enjoyed your pudding without it, though. ;)

There are so many movies I love, it’s hard to pick one to recommend! We rented “Something Borrowed” which was great, and “Warrior” is out in the theaters now, which is also good!

2. says

MMMmmmm looks delicious! I love a green pudding. I never would have thought to make avocado pudding, so thanks for the inspiration! A movie I have literally watched 8 times and will watch more in the future is “The Illusionist.” Every time I watch it, I pick up more subtle details and clues. Hands-down, it’s my favorite!

3. Tamikko says

I will definitely try that recipe. I love chocolate mint. I’m a huge movie lover so I have tonnes of movies I watch over and over. Lord of the Rings, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams May Come, The Usual Suspects, Titanic, About a Boy, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Dead Poets Society, Shawshank Redemption. I could go on and on :)

4. says

Aww, I’m sorry your feeling crappy. I know I could never do that elimination thing cause with my history of eating disorders, I know that will pretty much get me in hot ED water.

I’m all about the “addition diet”. Add ons all the way!

Movies? I havent seen many lately since being in europe. I can tell you a bunch of ones to netflix though!

5. says

Good luck to you both! Have you ever included a banana your avocado pudding, for sweetness? It’s quite tasty. :) Maybe a carob-banana or cocoa-banana combo…mmm

6. says

I started cutting back on the stevia a few months ago – just to sort of train my taste buds to eat less sweet things (ha)… And sure enough, it has worked! Although at times, I still love me some stevia :)

7. carrie says

I just started using stevia to help reduce the sugars in my diet, but cant get used to the chemically taste. Didn’t know it could be causing digestive issues ( oh these never ending issues :) ). Your avocado puddings are all so yummy and combos I would think up myself. Thank you for sharing and looking forward to the updates on this journey! I’m going to check out the book right now!

8. says

Sounds fabulous, and good luck with cutting out sugar! I think I’d collapse into a tantrum if I had to live without sugar :P I was wondering whether you’ve tried almond extract? It always tricks my mind into thinking whatever I’ve put it in is sweeter than it is :P