Avo-miso dressing

Hey luvs,

So apparently we have earthquakes in NC and now have a hurricane heading our way. Fun times!

How is the weather in your neighborhood? I will admit the temperatures here have been wonderful, cannot wait for fall.

What is your favorite season? Did you feel the earthquake yesterday?

Last night Lori and I made another easy creamy salad dressing we wanted to share.

Avo-miso dressing

Time – 5 minutes

Serves 2

Ingredients:

• 1 avocado
  • 1/4 cup hemp seeds
  • 1 lime zest and juice
  • 1 small zucchini (about 1/2 cup or so)
  • 1/2 tablespoon miso

Blend everything in blender or small food processor till creamy. We made zucchini pasta to go on top of our salad, so we use the leftover butts to make the dressing. No food goes to waste here ;)

Today’s self care card was a good one – POWER

Own your power. Every storm brings a fresh, new beginning!

When life gets so bad, it is nice to be reminded that this too shall pass and something better is to come, do you agree? Whatever you are facing, take control, stand tall, and remember something new is coming.

Own your power.

Till next time,

Michelle

30 Responses to Avo-miso dressing

1. sophie says:

Hey! This recipe sounds and looks delicious! Can you tell me what you used to smother this dressing in? It looks to me like….kale, zucchini noodles…and what else!?!?! :)

Thanks!

2. love the new labels! yep i def felt the earthquake here i was like what in the world is going on?! it was very strange! i hope you girls don’t get smacked with the hurricane too badly that really sucks :( my fave season is autumn. they say that your fave season usually coincides with the month you were born. in my case it holds true!

3. That salad looks so delicious and easy! Also love the new labels!

4. Jessie James says:

love love love those new labels! and that cashew coconut sounds delicious! congrats to the both of you:)

jessie ann

5. I voted! I need your vote too – my blog has more details! :)

The new packaging is GORGEOUS! Would totally catch my eye at the store! Any luck sending to Canada yet?

That dressing sounds perfect! May have to give it a try! :)

Hope you gals are great!

6. Ayah says:

Thanks for linking to our giveaway ladies! Y’all are the best. I voted for ya!

7. Ela says:

I love summer and early fall. Gorgeous labels–you’ve been working so hard! Didn’t know about voting for you, but I clicked over and will do so now–good that you mentioned it again!

Love that you used the zuke butts in the dressing–after my own heart!

8. your dressing recipe sounds so good! have to try it soon. are the zucchini necessary or do you think it would also work without them?

9. Charissa says:

I just LOVE the packaging! That’s beautiful, trendy, modern, hip, and it’s cute!

10. the pictures of that salad are just stunning!!

we get earthquakes here in CA all the time…just a fact of life :)

11. Yikes on the earthquake and hurricane, crazy times! This dressing sounds wonderful, love the ingredient list and must try soon!

12. Krissy says:

LOVE love love the new labels – they look SO professional :) I must try the cashew coconut biscotti – two of my favourite things :) xoxo

13. “No food goes to waste here” best philosophy ever! I always just eat the leftover veggie or fruit bits, haha.
    Your new packaging looks awesome!

14. veganlisa says:

The new packages look amazing! I love the sounds of your new biscotti. I should add an order to your shipment to Gillian :)

I did feel the earthquake. It wasn’t very strong here but definitely noticeable.

xo

15. Heathy says:

You girls continue to inspire me in many ways! Loving your new labels!

16. Sara says:

This dressing and all your recipes loon delicious!! How long do you think it would keep in the fridge? Thanks!!!

17. Ok, first of all, I love miso salads. Secondly, Twin Cakes? How fun!!

18. today was all about getting ready for Irene here in Brooklyn as well. BUMMER

19. Christina says:

Hey ladies, What kind of miso do you use? Trying to pin down a good quality one. Figured you’d know… Thanks!

20. mariel says:

avocado and miso are a match in heaven! so glad i’m not the only one :)
    mariel recently posted..some "Cooler" recipes round up!My Profile