Simple green smoothie recipe made from apples, cilantro and hemp.
We love smoothies.
Smoothies are not for everyone.
We drink smoothies because:
- we love them
- easy for us to digest
- portable meal in a cup
Smoothies are great to have after a workout. They are refreshing and hydrating.
Our simple smoothie recipe:
- some type of fruit
- water or a nut milk
- hemp seeds or a scoop of protein powder
- little something green (spirulina, basil, mint, cilantro, etc) – for alkalinity
We like having a little fruit and throw in some healthy fats to help with nutrient absorption.
Cilantro Apple Post Workout Smoothie:
- 1 cup nut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 apples
- large handful of fresh cilantro
- large handful of fresh basil
- inch of fresh ginger, peeled (this is for flavor, sometimes we do cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp green powder (optional)
Blend everything in a blender till creamy!
If you are not a cilantro fan, throw in any fresh herb you like, parsley is another good one.
We really enjoyed this smoothie – loved the flavor of cilantro, basil and ginger together.
If enjoying a smoothie for breakfast or not after a workout we like to use avocado instead of fruit.
Do you like smoothies?