3 ingredient pink dressing

hello friends,

after a morning at the car dealership getting our cars looked at and oiled changed we are finally ready to get our day started. Don’t you just love car stuff? haha

and when we returned home we received this yummy package from the dear Diana.

basket

these cookies are delicious, thank you Diana!

cookies

Going along with our unique salads that we have been creating in the kitchen…last night we made a simple yummy ‘pink’ dressing.

the pink comes from the red sauerkraut that we put in the dressing.

**we did not really measure what we did for this dressing, these are estimates. remember play around to your liking and use this is a base.

[print_this]

Pure2raw recipe: Pink 3 ingredient Dressing

ingredients:

• 1/4 cup tahini
  • 2-3 tbsp sauerkraut (mix of the juice and kraut)
  • 2 tbsp hemp seeds

Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend. Note: since it is not a lot of volume it takes some patience with the vita-mix.

We did not add any additional seasonings, we left it simple with the tahini kraut flavors popping through. Feel free to add spices to jazz it up some.

[/print_this]

We have made kraut based dressings before and always remember loving them. Most recently with our pesto kraut lasagna. Making things with sauerkraut is a great way for us to get even more good probiotics in our system!

We topped our salad, which was full of lettuce and veggies, with this pink dressing. It was creamy, simple and delicious.

We wanted to share this simple salad dressing with you guys because you know we love simple dressings and this one gets added to our list of favs!

Twins Question: If you could have any car in the world what would it be? If you had to pick between a nice car or a nice house which would you pick? Do you know how to change a flat tire?

We are not really car girls, as long as it gets us from point A to B. We do not have any brothers, so cars were not really a priority, although sometimes wish we knew more about cars.

we hope to have a really fun and mouthwatering dessert for you all tomorrow.

till next time,

p2r twins

L&M

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

21 Responses to 3 ingredient pink dressing

1. Tahini totally scares me… is that weird? It’s just so bitter! I want to love it, but for some reason I can’t. You’ll have to enjoy my share for me! ;)

• Pure2 says:

haha Katie yes more of us than LOL it is ok it took us awhile to really love the taste of raw tahini! but now we just love it! Gary is not a fan of it either ;) I am still working on him

2. Maggie says:

I just recently tried sauerkraut and I love it. This looks like its a winner recipe!! Thanks :)

Maggie
    Mybreakfastblog.com

3. I’m still on the kraut fence… But I can just imagine the pretty color! Love simple recipes like this :)

My husband loves car so I think by osmosis I’m learning about them… Is osmosis the right word? He talks about it and it’ll eventually soak in right?

4. totally not a car person but i do like the mini coopers! so cute :) i’m pretty sure i need to move in because the fermented foodage is off the charts! i love it! i’m obsessed with pickled anything so the kraut and booch are right up my game :) i would choose a nice house and i can change a car battery but nothing else. me=totally car clueless!

5. Charissa says:

I’d totally pick a house…I guess…and then walk everywhere, lol!

You girls must have insane tastebuds! Tahini is so bitter to me…if there was a sweetener in there…I think it’d taste delicious! Maybe I’m like the top commenter, just a little scared of it, lol!

6. Just wow on the dressing, love all the ingredients and have never used sauerkraut in a blender – I need to try it!

Tough question on cars, I’ve never had a really nice car and would probably choose a hybrid or the latest electric option. But I would choose a nice house over a car.

I do know how to change a flat tire, but it’s been awhile thankfully. :-)

7. Lisa says:

I like these questions :)
    I would choose an Infiniti G37X Sport (it has race car pedals—I want the standard version!). I would choose the car…houses are a lot of work!

I know how to change a flat tire, but I hope I never have to :)

8. Katie says:

Kraut in dressing….haven’t tried it yet, but i love the looks of this one. I eat tahini from a spoon, straight up.

9. PINK dressing!!! Right up my alley!!!!

I need to make your sauerkraut for my mom. She’s Russian and Polish (my dads side is all Italian)..but I grew up eating lots of saurkraut at my Nanny’s on Easter!

10. I loooove the package! So feel good.

By the way, I recently found kelp noodles in the neighborhood! I will be trying them out tonight. *excited*

• Pure2 says:

oh Emma I hope you like them, we love them. Having a nice creamy sauce always goes well with them!

• Hi! The noodles were great! I haven’t restocked my pantry for the week (scheduled it for tomorrow!) so I ended up topping them with mustard and harissa. Funny combination but really comforting and surprisingly filling! Will definitely be making a good sauce for them this week and then let my husband try. Thank you so much!

11. Casey says:

This is my dressing :). YUM! I would totally love this and adore the colour!

12. Tahini used to totally scare me. I had it in my fridge for months and had NO idea what to do with it! haha this recipe sounds really delicious! And I mean, pink dressing, who can resist that?!

13. Kelsey says:

I love that it’s pink! I’m a sucker for that kind of thing. :) AND love the three ingredients so I would be all over this. Great idea! :)

14. i’d never thought of putting those ingredients together for a dressing…can’t wait to try it! :D

…just 1 question…the recipe says “2 hemp seeds”
    just *two seeds*, or 2 tbsp/tsp/???

would be super helpful to know. thanks! :)