3 ingredient pink dressing

hello friends,

after a morning at the car dealership getting our cars looked at and oiled changed we are finally ready to get our day started. Don’t you just love car stuff? haha

Going along with our unique salads that we have been creating in the kitchen…last night we made a simple yummy ‘pink’ dressing.

the pink comes from the red sauerkraut that we put in the dressing.

**we did not really measure what we did for this dressing, these are estimates. remember play around to your liking and use this is a base.

Pink 3 ingredient Dressing

• 1/4 cup tahini
  • 2-3 tbsp sauerkraut (mix of the juice and kraut)
  • 2 tbsp hemp seeds

Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend. Note: since it is not a lot of volume it takes some patience with the vita-mix.

We did not add any additional seasonings, we left it simple with the tahini kraut flavors popping through. Feel free to add spices to jazz it up some.

We have made kraut based dressings before and always remember loving them. Most recently with our pesto kraut lasagna. Making things with sauerkraut is a great way for us to get even more good probiotics in our system!

We topped our salad, which was full of lettuce and veggies, with this pink dressing. It was creamy, simple and delicious.

We wanted to share this simple salad dressing with you guys because you know we love simple dressings and this one gets added to our list of favs!

Twins Question: If you could have any car in the world what would it be? If you had to pick between a nice car or a nice house which would you pick? Do you know how to change a flat tire?

We are not really car girls, as long as it gets us from point A to B. We do not have any brothers, so cars were not really a priority, although sometimes wish we knew more about cars.

we hope to have a really fun and mouthwatering dessert for you all tomorrow.

till next time,

• says

haha Katie yes more of us than LOL it is ok it took us awhile to really love the taste of raw tahini! but now we just love it! Gary is not a fan of it either ;) I am still working on him

1. says

I’m still on the kraut fence… But I can just imagine the pretty color! Love simple recipes like this :)

My husband loves car so I think by osmosis I’m learning about them… Is osmosis the right word? He talks about it and it’ll eventually soak in right?

2. says

totally not a car person but i do like the mini coopers! so cute :) i’m pretty sure i need to move in because the fermented foodage is off the charts! i love it! i’m obsessed with pickled anything so the kraut and booch are right up my game :) i would choose a nice house and i can change a car battery but nothing else. me=totally car clueless!

3. says

I’d totally pick a house…I guess…and then walk everywhere, lol!

You girls must have insane tastebuds! Tahini is so bitter to me…if there was a sweetener in there…I think it’d taste delicious! Maybe I’m like the top commenter, just a little scared of it, lol!

4. says

Just wow on the dressing, love all the ingredients and have never used sauerkraut in a blender – I need to try it!

Tough question on cars, I’ve never had a really nice car and would probably choose a hybrid or the latest electric option. But I would choose a nice house over a car.

I do know how to change a flat tire, but it’s been awhile thankfully. :-)

5. says

I like these questions :)
    I would choose an Infiniti G37X Sport (it has race car pedals—I want the standard version!). I would choose the car…houses are a lot of work!

I know how to change a flat tire, but I hope I never have to :)

6. says

PINK dressing!!! Right up my alley!!!!

I need to make your sauerkraut for my mom. She’s Russian and Polish (my dads side is all Italian)..but I grew up eating lots of saurkraut at my Nanny’s on Easter!

• says

Hi! The noodles were great! I haven’t restocked my pantry for the week (scheduled it for tomorrow!) so I ended up topping them with mustard and harissa. Funny combination but really comforting and surprisingly filling! Will definitely be making a good sauce for them this week and then let my husband try. Thank you so much!

7. says

i’d never thought of putting those ingredients together for a dressing…can’t wait to try it! :D

…just 1 question…the recipe says “2 hemp seeds”
    just *two seeds*, or 2 tbsp/tsp/???

would be super helpful to know. thanks! :)