fig smoothie

hello friends,

here is a smoothie that we have been enjoying lately…mainly after we workout.

Fig Smoothie

Fig Spirulina Smoothie

Check out our guest post over at Healthy Tasty Cheap to get the recipe! Promise it is one you don’t want to miss.

For another great fig smoothie check out our video here! Enjoy!

Twins Question: Have you ever had frozen figs in your smoothies? Do you like figs? What is your favorite way to enjoy figs? Do you have a favorite summertime smoothie?

frozen figs are so good and make perfect creamy smoothies

till next time,

Lori

22 Responses to fig smoothie

1. Oh yum I love figs! I’ve never had them frozen though.

I like to have them chopped up and mixed with yoghurt, or I bake them drizzled in honey. Delish!

2. Krissy says:

YUM! I love figs! Never thought to use them in a smoothie – can’t wait to get the recipe! xo

3. Katie says:

I love figs, but I have never had them or seen them frozen!

4. I love figs! never tried them frozen, or in smoothies, though…

5. Katie says:

Hi loves!!!!!

Ok, I have heard of and seen a lot of smoothie combos but never figs! looks very good! I like fig newtons, so maybe I will like this? haha!

Happy Weekend! xoxo <3

p.s. love you girls to pieces, seriously need to meet up one day!!!!!!!

6. Bianca says:

I love figs on a buckwheat blini- thats my favorite way; but I will definitely be trying some frozen figs in my next smoothie!

7. Claire says:

Hey ladies!

Have you ever used dried figs (soaked first) in a smoothie? Do you think this recipe would work using them? It can be difficult to find fresh figs in where I live in Wisconsin, especially for less than $5 for a pint!

Have an AWEsome day

8. Brittany says:

I love fresh figs! Isaac’s parents have two fig trees so I’m in fig heaven right now. :)

9. so now i’m curious! does this taste savory or sweet with the basil? i love figs so this is def on my list to try!

10. I am loving fig preserves right now! This looks perfect! I’m going to check out the recipe now! I hope you two are having an incredible weekend!

11. mandy says:

Yum, I love figs but they are expensive here, not sure if I could “waste” them in a smoothie. Just curious how much spirulina you put in, your photo is such a lovely colour. maybe I’m a bit heavy handed with mine, it always makes my smoothies the colour of pond-scum – or so my son thinks!!!!

12. Lauren says:

You know I love figs! Even bought my house for the fig tree (well one of many reasons!).

13. I just got some fresh figs!! do you suggest freezing them? if so…is there a certain way to freeze them??
    thanks
    jessie ann james recently posted..Friday FavsMy Profile

14. marmar says:

I LOVE figs!! But can only get them dried around me. Could you use dried figs? If so, would you change anything?
    Thanks!

• purelytwins says:

Marmar we would not recommend dried figs, but may try soaking them before using in smoothie. Not sure dried figs will provided the same creamy texture.

15. […] original smoothie was created by the Purely Twins.  They used frozen figs which would make this smoothie beautiful and refreshing.  If you […]