{Easy} Creamy Sauce We Love

Hello friends,

A few nights ago Michelle and I enjoyed a super easy and tasty dinner! We had a head of cauliflower on hand and decided to make a sauce using cauliflower.

You know we love our simple creamy dairy-free cheezy sauces! If you need more inspiration or ideas for sauces check out our other favorites like our easy hemp seed sauce, cheezy pepper sauce, carrot cheez sauce, and beet cheez sauce.

This easy cauliflower hemp seed sauce turned out great. We were really pleased with the texture and simple flavors with a little kick from the cayenne. We kept this cauliflower hemp seed sauce on the thick side which makes a perfect creamy sauce for kelp noodles!

To make our dinner complete we took our newest sauce and poured it over a bowl of kelp noodles, spiralized zucchini, spinach and arugula. Perfection!

We have noticed that our bodies digest cauliflower better when we slightly cook or steam them, plus take a digestion enzyme before eating.

I really enjoy having these kinds of dairy-free sauces that taste just as creamy and smooth as regular sauces. Michelle and I both were satisfied after eating this yummy dinner. I guess we just love kelp noodles too.

Now you do not have to use this sauce just over kelp noodles or zucchini pasta. It would be a great on any pasta or even used as a dip. And it is easy to change up the flavors like adding in cilantro, parsley or cumin. Even adding in nutritional yeast or tahini for more flavor would be a nice touch!

Perfect simple dinner that is full of nutrition and veggies for a hot summer day to keep you going!

We still plan on sharing our thoughts on our hormonal issues from everyone’s emails and comments, plus a fun breakfast idea coming soon!

Twins Question: Are you a cauliflower lover? What is your favorite way to enjoy cauliflower?

Quick what do you like better

• nutritional yeast or tahini?
  • cauliflower or broccoli?
  • Sunday or Friday?
  • Breakfast or dinner?

Till next time friends!

Lori

Twin sisters. Personal trainers. Creators of Purely Fit Life online workout club. Helping and inspiring others to get strong and fit at home. Cookbook authors of 3 allergy-friendly ebooks. Bakers. Bloggers. Youtubers. Enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a focus on real food. Love inspiring others to become happy and fit in all parts of life.

A trusted source for all things health, fitness, recipes, and happiness. Every article is real, relatable, and with a side of fun :)

Follow along as Lori shares her journey of being pregnant with her first child.

Learn more about the purely twins and what you’ll find on the blog

Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube

35 Responses to {Easy} Creamy Sauce We Love

1. allison says:

I have been seeing so many genius recipes for cauliflower lately! I agree that my tummy likes it better when the cauliflower isn’t raw. Plus, when anything is roasted it just tastes so much better;);)

2. Ooooh, this looks so delicious and thick!! Yum!

3. I love cauliflower as rice!

4. I like cauliflower best steamed, although I like broccoli a little more (as long as it’s cooked too). And in terms of what I like better, I’d have to say tahini, Friday and dinner. Hope you girls have a wonderful day! :)

5. Teresa says:

I love mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes. It has the same consistency and tastes so good!!

6. nutritional yeast
    cauliflower
    friday
    Brekafast!!!

7. Cauliflower is fantastic, I even eat it raw w/ hummus. The best recipe i’ve tried, though, is a grilled cauliflower ‘steak’. It doesn’t use the entire head, so you use the leftover bits to make a sauce! I don’t have the recipe on hand, but it makes a great summer dinner.

okay. I’m gonna say… tahini, broccoli, friday, but i go through phases of liking breakfast and dinner. It often depends on the weather!
    R.

8. Alisa says:

That looks really good. I love cauliflower and I’d love to try this soon. I like tahini (mmmm hummus!), cauliflower, Friday(not the Rebecca Black song) and dinner.

9. Crysta says:

I also have to take enzymes before anything I eat…I am currently using Rainbow Advanced enzymes. Do you guys have a favorite brand? Where can you find kelp noodles, I have never tried them. Looks delicious!

10. This looks delicious! And actually something I can eat right now on my crazy diet! I just need to tweek it a little. Thanks girls! You are saving my meal boredom!

11. Eimear Rose says:

Hi girls, I haven’t commented in so long! I’m still reading all your posts:)
    I love cauliflower, it was the first food I ate after I was really sick last year, just plain steamed, mmm.
    Your quick fire questions:
    Tahini although I rarely eat either
    Cauliflower
    Sunday- I’m too pooped on friday to make much use of it!
    Dinner, because I can eat it as slow as a like:)
    Hope you girls have a great weekend!

12. Katie says:

I’ve made so many dairy free recipes with cauliflower, and I was thinking this one would be great with nooch before I read that part. YUM.

Brinner! ;)

13. fartygirl says:

You ladies totally rule with thinking of new creative ways to use veggies. I can’t do nut cheese at all anymore… but zukes and caulis are great! I used arties for a hummus like you did too before, and they work as a perfect base! Thanks!!!

14. Robin says:

Nutritional yeast, cauliflower (lately, but it changes), Friday, breakfast!

15. i keep seeing these kelp noodles on your blog haha. what is the texture like chewy or smooth?
    1. tahini
    2.uncooked: broc, but if it’s cook i like pureed cauliflower
    3. friday!
    4. dinner, but on sunday it’s brunch!

• Pure2 says:

Melissa, oh yes we love our kelp noodles. The texture is a little chewy but no flavor so you really need a good sauce to go with them. The longer the kelp noodles are in the sauce the softer they can get!

16. carrie says:

I might have to make this as soon as i get home! yum. love cauliflower raw, roasted, steamed…but do love broccoli just a lil bit more. the other votes: tahini, fridays and brunch! have a happy weekend! (got my twin cakes treats today – the cookies and choco biscotti are so good! yes i gobbled some immediately!)

17. Ela says:

Oooh, tough questions! Great idea on cauli sauce: usually I like cauliflower with sauce on it but this is a great new turn.
    1 nooch
    2 cauli (tho’ I know broc is more nutrient dense)
    3 like ‘em both
    4 depends on the day!

18. Gina says:

This sauce looks heavenly!! And kelp noodles? Never had, what do they taste like?

19. This sauce sounds really interesting! As for the questions: 1 – never had nutritional yeast, so tahini? 2. broccoli! 3. Friday 4. Can’t choose!

20. you two are so creative with your recipes!

21. veganlisa says:

Tahini, Broccoli, Sunday, Breakfast!

I’ve never had broccoli with tahini for breakfast on a Sunday but I might just have to give it a go.

22. This looks really good. I need to pick up some zucchini :D
    And that’s a hard one. Tahini, i guess, but only because I can eat it straight up ;p
    And broccoli. Especially steamed and sauced. droooool.
    Friday! Except now that it’s summer, it doesn’t really matter.
    And definitely undeniably most certainly breakfast. It’s what I look forward to the most.

23. bend drywall says:

This such a great idea! Lately I have been trying to stay away from dairy so this is a recipe I am definitely going to try soon!!!!

24. han lee says:

I have been trying to take digestive enzymes but the ones I purchased have not been working as well as I had hoped…do you have a brand you recommend that works good for you?