We are on a roll

with keeping up with making donuts lately

When the parents were here last weekend we not only made them our baked glazed cake donuts but wanted to try a brand new flavor. Something different and fun!

As you can tell we love making our baked cake donuts with different flavors and textures. We sure are getting great use out of our donut pan :)

gluten free vegan cake donut We knew all of us liked coconut and lime; so why not put the flavors together for a cake donut! And that is what we decided to try and luckily it was a success.

We present you this wonderful Friday with yet another yummy and easy gluten free vegan baked cake donut! Since we have donuts on our mind all the time lately.

Coconut Lime Baked Cake Donut (gluten-free, vegan, soy-free)

How to make these cute little guys….

• We followed our avocado savory donut recipe but instead of avocado puree we used applesauce (didn’t have any avocados on hand to use).
  • Omitted the cayenne.
  • Added in a zest of 1-2 limes (depending on lime flavored you want, we used two small limes).
  • And did 2 tbsp flax meal instead of one.
  • For the glaze on top we just used a little powdered sugar and some water and a little lime juice. And drizzled over the finished baked donut.
  • And topped off the lime donuts with some coconut flakes.

There you have it friends a scrumptious easy baked cake donut that is low in sugar too.

These  coconut lime donuts were a big hit on Saturday morning. This would be great to make for this Mother’s Day ;) … although have to be lime and coconut fans. If not you can substitute for any flavor you like… lemon, orange. Really you could do any flavor.

For some reason donuts have been something we have been having fun with making and enjoying!

Now that I have you thinking donuts this Friday you better go get yourself a donut pan and make these!  But do not worry if you do not have a donut pan; you could try in a mini bundt cake pan or even muffin pan. These donuts are not like your typical sugary and white flour filled cake donuts by having the xylitol in there for the sugar really provides an unique taste and texture to these cake donuts. Very light kind of texture, although we think the apple cider vinegar helps too with ‘lifting’ these donuts. We were both very pleased with how they turned out :)

Time to go get things done today have a busy Friday along with a busy weekend.

Twins Question: Do you like hardwood flours or carpet in your bedrooms? (I will fill you in why I am asking this soon)

Do you like white or a more neutral color for your house walls?  What would you say is your favorite thing about your house or apartment/condo?

Till next time,

P2R Twins

Twin sisters. Personal trainers. Creators of Purely Fit Life online workout club. Helping and inspiring others to get strong and fit at home. Cookbook authors of 3 allergy-friendly ebooks. Bakers. Bloggers. Youtubers. Enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a focus on real food. Love inspiring others to become happy and fit in all parts of life.

A trusted source for all things health, fitness, recipes, and happiness. Every article is real, relatable, and with a side of fun :)

Follow along as Lori shares her journey of being pregnant with her first child.

Learn more about the purely twins and what you’ll find on the blog

Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube

27 Responses to We are on a roll

1. Those are absolutely beautiful… thank you for showing me a way to make a healthy donut ha!

2. Sounds kinda like pina colada donuts-kinda sorta….just add some pineapple :)

I like both. I’ve had both for my bedroom floors….hardwood is just gorgeous, but I would put a rug on it-Just so you can lie on the ground and stretch!

3. First off…donuts are awesome, right?! Coconut Lime…YUM! As for the floors, I prefer hardwood. Our house is mostly hardwoods and I hate any carpet in there at all. I like neutral colors on walls, like greens and taupes. That way I can add splashes of colors to the accent pieces.

4. Katie says:

Now I’m going to have “You put the lime int he coconut” in my head all day. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I foresee annoying other people in my future. :)

5. these look delicious – I love lime!

I love hardwoods and would prefer to have NO carpeting in my house, just area rugs. We currently have carpeting in part of the house and tile in a lot of it. I love the tile… paint I’d say more neutral for most rooms, with a bright accent wall here and there… and my favorite thing about our current house is the kitchen and the open plan – we have a large airy kitchen with a bar/seating area, and it is completely open to the main living and dining rooms – great for entertaining.

can’t wait to see why you are asking!! :D HAPPY FRIDAY!

6. lindsay says:

you can’t keep teasing me with these donuts. They look too good! I like our hardwood floors and neutral walls.

7. Veronica Scott says:

You girls get up so early in the morning, it’s so inspiring!
    & as per your questions, I feel like putting some of my input in :).
    I personally have carpet, and it’s nice and comfy, but I feel like hard wood floors look so much nicer. Maybe even marble ;). But your right, hard wood floors can be “decorated” and complemented very nicely with a pretty area rug.
    And in my opinion, I think white is TOO white, ya know!? It’s too bright sometimes and not always very complementing. However, an ivory is a very complementing color. Neutral colors are definitely the best, like beige and tan and cream colors.

8. I like hardwood floors in the house and carpet in the bedroom. Lots of colors splashed everywhere but also muted, serene colors- both…? (oh my, so exciting what you’ve got to tell us, I’m sure!)

Ok, I have your donut recipes ready to go for the weekend. I’m rocking one of them. Just need a donut pan still… Target, here I come!

9. K says:

I like hardwood because it means I can bounce around doing bodyrock without carpet burn!! Nice functional answer…. ;)

10. Gah, I’m so behind on blogs! I miss you two! <3 But I am making this soon! :)

11. I am sooo nervous about using apple cider vinegar in baked goods. The ONLY time I’ve consumed it was when I took a couple “shots” of it straight up to cure a UTI and wowza was it nasty all by itself!!! If I remember correctly I was crying haha…although that may have had something to do with the fact that it was also 4AM and I hadn’t slept all night. Who knows :)

I prefer neutral carpets & walls because they allow me to switch out decor and furniture every once in a while without a lot of hassle! And I like carpet for bedroom, living room, family rooms etc but hardwood for dining room, kitchen and bathroom. Carpet is more liveable….but hardwood is much easier to clean if you accidentally spill a whole bowl of cake mix!!

12. i am obsessed with hardwood! i have bamboo flooring everywhere (bathroom, bedroom) except for our mud room that has cork flooring. eco friendly!

13. veganlisa says:

The doughnuts look amazing. I have a package of xylitol in my pantry so I’m happy to hear that you’ve had such great results using it in your baking. I’ll have to pick out some recipes and put it to work.

Happy Friday ladies!
    xo

14. bitt of raw says:

You are the donut queens! Maybe you should have a donut tree at your wedding instead of a cake (google it for pics).

I have a carpet in my bedroom now and although it is nice for me dogs, it is awful for me because I have allergies. Not good if you have any allergies at all.

15. Michele says:

You got me wanting donuts now :) I just need a doughnut pan…
    I like hardwood floors! Just love them. my fave thing about my apartment is the decor/couches. i like everything to offset and kind of match each other (like brown and tan colors) and lots of modern decor on the walls! Good questions :)

16. Gillian says:

Coconut donut looks amazing!!!

And I’m all about hardwood floors :)

17. Kathryn says:

I like hardwood in the rest of the house but definitely prefer carpet in the bedrooms. I also agree with previous posters, neutral colors for walls are the way to go :)

18. Jennifer says:

Hardwood for sure in all rooms except bath and kitchen where I think other materials like tile or cork (in kitchen) wear better ! Hardwood is much more hygienic, easier to really get clean (vacuuming a carpet can’t really get everything out). For me, my favorite thing about my 1 bdrm other than the best location are the light and views. I have a top floor corner unit that gets tons of light and I have great city views. Light really is important in over all well-being I think.

19. Hannah says:

Totally drool-worthy! I’ve never used xylitol, but am now very curious to experiment with it a bit…

• Pure2 says:

Hannah we were nervous at first to use it, took us months, but now we have been really enjoying it for something different.

20. your donut pans make those so cute! all the more yummy looking! so maybe that is good i don’t have one… it will keep my treat consumption down. ;)

21. Natalia says:

Those look amazing! I’ll need to try them out soon.

I’m more a hardwood person for my bedroom, and we’ve got big bright colors mixed with neutrals on our walls (IE one wall will be painted a bright color, and the other walls will be light neutrals, or we’ll have the wall painted bright, and the accents in whites and off whites)