Michelle and I are always thinking of new ways of getting our daily fix of dessert even on a Candida cleanse. Priorities right
You know when you have those days when you just crave chocolate and all you need is a little bit. That was the mood we were in when creating this recipe.
These decadent chocolate mini brownies were perfect!
Sugar-free Gluten-free Vegan Bite-Size Brownies
-makes about 12 mini brownies
- 5 tbsp amaranth flour
- 3 tbsp mesquite flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp xylitol (may add a little more if you want it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp warm water
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Next add in your wet ingredients and stir till well combined.
- Batter will be a little thick.
- Scoop brownie batter into mini cupcake/muffin liners and place in a pre-heated oven of 325 degrees.
- And bake for 10-20 minutes **
**Baker mistake we forgot to time how long we baked these brownies, so I would just keep an eye on them and test with a tooth pick to ensure they are done.
Let cool and dig in!
A little chocolate.
A little sweetness.
A little piece of heaven.
Here are some ideas to help you if you do not have all these ingredients on hand!
– if you do not have mesquite flour you can use any other flour as a substitute ( any GF, nut or regular flour)
– can use unsweetened applesauce or any puree instead of pumpkin puree
– can use stevia instead of xylitol ( if using powdered stevia start with 1/4 tsp and increase till you liking) **I guess next time we will have to make these with stevia
– if you are not watching your sugar you can use regular sugar of your choice; add 1-2 tbsp (more if you like it real sweet)
– if you do not like coconut oil, use any liquid oil of your choice
– can sub out the water for any non-dairy milk of choice
Other great brownie recipes of ours to check out:
I never really considered myself a brownie person, but I guess I do like a good brownie from time to time
Till next time,