Michelle and I are always thinking of new ways of getting our daily fix of dessert even on a Candida cleanse. Priorities right
You know when you have those days when you just crave chocolate and all you need is a little bit. That was the mood we were in when creating this recipe.
We still have yet to try to make a blondie… we know Veggie Girl has some really good recipes (we made one of her recipes for our family back home and they all loved it)
These decadent chocolate mini brownies were perfect!
Hard to believe they contain no sugar We gobbled these mini sugar-free brownies in no time and enjoyed each little bite!
Sugar-free Gluten-free Vegan Bite-Size Brownies
-makes about 12 mini brownies
- 5 tbsp amaranth flour
- 3 tbsp mesquite flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp xylitol (may add a little more if you want it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp warm water
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Next add in your wet ingredients and stir till well combined.
- Batter will be a little thick.
- Scoop brownie batter into mini cupcake/muffin liners and place in a pre-heated oven of 325 degrees.
- And bake for 10-20 minutes **
**Baker mistake we forgot to time how long we baked these brownies, so I would just keep an eye on them and test with a tooth pick to ensure they are done.
Let cool and dig in!
A little chocolate.
A little sweetness.
A little piece of heaven.
Here are some ideas to help you if you do not have all these ingredients on hand!
- if you do not have mesquite flour you can use any other flour as a substitute ( any GF, nut or regular flour)
- can use unsweetened applesauce or any puree instead of pumpkin puree
- can use stevia instead of xylitol ( if using powdered stevia start with 1/4 tsp and increase till you liking) **I guess next time we will have to make these with stevia
- if you are not watching your sugar you can use regular sugar of your choice; add 1-2 tbsp (more if you like it real sweet)
- if you do not like coconut oil, use any liquid oil of your choice
- can sub out the water for any non-dairy milk of choice
Other great brownie recipes of ours to check out:
Chewy gluten free brownie
Video of me making a brownie
I never really considered myself a brownie person, but I guess I do like a good brownie from time to time
Till next time,
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!