Basil Smoothie

Looks like most of us loved the second photo of our mung bean socca cereal!

Photography is something I am still learning. As I mentioned briefly before, I am working on a building a photography website as my final project for class. I am pretty excited for it, have a lot of ideas for the site. I look forward to sharing it all with you once I am done :)

As much as I love having cereal for breakfast, my body seems to still prefer smoothies first thing.

basil  avocado smoothie

Basil is one of my favorite herbs. I have made a basil smoothie before but made it more savory this time (and sugar free of course).

Lori and I’s basil smoothie was filled with about 2-3 cups water, 2 avocados,  two handfuls of fresh basil, 1 cucumber, 1 celery stalk, and a little sunflower lecithin (emulsifier, helps with texture)

Blend till creamy and sip as you enjoy the day outside :)

Thank you all for the wonderful support of our bakery news.

We are excited to see our bakery grow, but with that comes more long hours in the kitchen, and less time on the computer. So our blogging schedule may not me very consistent, just want to let you all know and apologize in advance.

Twins Question: Have you done your taxes? Lori and I finished ours the other day, and boy does it feel great to have them done!

Till next time,

Michelle

28 Responses to Basil Smoothie

1. Alex says:

Yum! I love smoothies for breakfast, too. But I like them more for lunch. This looks really good, and easy on the tummy :)

2. I’ve never thought about making a savory smoothie! Great idea!

3. Nikki says:

I like the idea of a basil smoothie. And your photo of it looks great!

4. I’m a little afraid of a savory smoothie…but that sounds delightful! Basil makes everything better. Huge congrats on the bakery news! :)

5. Katie says:

That sounds delicious!

I did my taxes a couple weeks ago. Couldn’t wait to get them done and out of the way!

6. Ohhh I love the idea of adding basil to a smoothie!! I actually have some in the fridge right now and feel like it would be an amazing addition to a green monster with some strawberries….mmmm. So summery!!

7. The breakfast smoothie looks great, I need to try savory smoothies. I prefer them as my breakfast too as a nice way to get a jump on veggies and nutrients and protein for the day.

8. lindsay says:

I’m super excited for your bakery! Just wish I lived closer! and what a refreshing green smoothie, great for the tummy.

9. Alison says:

I’m going to have to try that smoothie out. Sounds yummy. I usually do a frozen cucumber, celery, lime, lemon, mint, avocado, stevia smoothie. It tastes even better with granny smith apple, but I’m leaving that out for now and add shredded coconut and alcohol free almond extract and sometimes sun warrior brown rice protein. Does the sunflower lecithin really make a difference? I might have to get some.

• Pure2 says:

Alison – frozen cucumber?? I like it, we will have to give your smoothie a try next!! Yes sunflower makes a world of difference in texture! We love it!

10. Bryant says:

Sounds and looks delicious!

11. crazy me crazy with three says:

I have been obsessed with smoothies for like 2 months now i have one every morning my house wakes up to the whizz of the blender but i never has a savory smoothie! have to try it i love avacodo pudding so i bet this is just awsome to people who love texure (as i am)! an taxes im no even close having three companies children full time farm and showing horses and pyrenees (grooming one dog take an hour a day! i have 4) i think i have to get an extention! my live is go go go! and i have to wake up in the middle of the night to make phone calls to my family in japan so im about to over heat my self!

12. Emily says:

I love basil! Favorite herb, for sure. So many phytonutrients too! I will have to try this :)

13. Ughh.. taxes! Don’t remind me!

14. I’m bookmarking this—I NEED a basil smoothie. Stat.

15. bitt of raw says:

What a pretty color that made! I am sort of shy of raw soups but basil would make it very appealing to me.

16. The color of that smoothie is incredible! I haven’t finished my taxes yet…I still need to.

17. crazy me crazy with three says:

Haha that or be commited i could use the vaction even if its padded walls!!! you guys are my little break inbetween bus stops lumber yards manuer piles and dog hair i look forword to your up dates! oh yeah i cook in between all that :-p and sleep some ware in the mix haha

18. Samantha says:

I have actually never tried basil in a smoothie….is the taste overpowering???

19. Samantha says:

hmmmm….I’m a little scared!!!