The socca that will change your life

Are you sitting down?

This post will change your life….okay well at least this recipe did for us ;)

Remember Gena’s and Angela’s life changing recipe posts??

The twins present you with:

DSC_0131

SWEET. SAVORY. CHOCOLATE. DESSERT. SOCCA.

Pure2raw recipe: Dessert Socca Sandwich Stack

DSC_0025

DSC_0028

Mix in a bowl.

DSC_0029

DSC_0033DSC_0034

DSC_0038 DSC_0039

DSC_0047 Sorry for the messy bowl!

Pour socca batter into hot oil (coconut oil, about 2 -3 tbsp).

DSC_0049 Be careful here,hot oil!

DSC_0053 Have oven pre-heated to 400 degrees.

Place chocolate cardamom socca into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Prepare next ingredients, which we used to layer our dessert socca sandwich stack.

DSC_0062 Fresh mint, fresh basil, roasted kabocha squash, and pumpkin butter.

DSC_0071

Time to play with food build dessert socca sandwich stack!

DSC_0083

DSC_0087

Layers of sweet and savory socca…

DSC_0085

DSC_0088

mixed in with chocolate and cardamom….

DSC_0098 DSC_0101

DSC_0104

pumpkin butter

DSC_0105

fresh mint…

DSC_0107

roasted kabocha squash…

DSC_0111

DSC_0112

fresh basil…

DSC_0116

need we say more

DSC_0122

this was AMAZING. Just when we thought socca was just socca, now it is  so much more ;) We have made a socca stack before, but this dessert socca stack was life changing!!

Layers of pure goodness…Dessert Socca Sandwich Stack!

DSC_0126 DSC_0130

Can I eat it now sis?

DSC_0152

DSC_0153

Dig in!

DSC_0163

DSC_0168

Please do yourself a favor and go make this, and let us know what you think!!

We just loved the flavor combination here…mostly savory with just a little bit of sweetness ; )

And thanks everyone for the comments and tweets about our new header!!!!

Till next time,

L & M

Pure2raw twins

Comments

• says

Sarah, Lori got hooked on socca when she was traveling in southern France – Nice area. I guess socca is very popular there and she tried and fell in love!! Now we make it all the time here ;)

1. Tamikko says

Love it! I can’t wait to try this. Not only does the recipe sound delicious but the great pictures really tell a great story by themselves. You guys really had a lot of fun with this one :) I think I’m going to try mine with cinnamon and coconut another time :)
    Great recipe and great picts of almost dropping the socca stack LOL

2. says

Oh wow, chocolate socca! I think it would be AMAZING with Gena’s banana soft serve too:) I’m also thinking layering with pureed chestnuts would be a fantastic Thanksgiving/Christmas version!

3. says

Chocolate socca? Genius!! And I love roasted kobucha squash! I bet that combo was delicious!

I might have to try spreading that chocolate socca with layers of coconut butter frosting and eat it like a layer cake. ;) YUM!!

Love the new header, too!

4. Deb says

Wow, a little socca food concept goes a long, long way! Your latest sweet-n-savory (chocolate!) version looks quite yummy! I think you two should consider opening up a socca-eria! :)

I’m curious—have you ever tried making socca in the dehydrator?

• says

Deb – thank you!!! We have not tried socca in dehydrator,maybe when we make sprouted chickpeas again we will try, but honestly it will be hard to get the same flavor and texture when done in oven. But we will give it a try here soon!.

5. Deb says

Thanks for your quick feedback!

I once tried socca in the dehydrator, but, it turned out to be just a big flat flop. :(

You’re right, it just did not have the same texture and flavor as the cooked version. But, I’m not giving up yet….I’ll let you know if I ever have any success with the “live socca” version. (And, if you ever try to experiment with this one, please let me know if you have any better luck!)

Thanks for your continued inspiration, ideas, and pure passion!

6. says

Gah! Oh wow! This post changed my life, already, and I haven’t even tasted this wondrous recipe! YUM YUM YUM. The colors alone on that plate is incredible. Winner, winner, Monday’s dinner! (hopefully!) ;)

7. joi says

ohhhhmyygossh! Perhaps you should consider just starting a SOCCA BLOG. I can’t imagine how you come up with these combinations of flavor and putting it in a socca. I didn’t think the pumpkin socca could be topped, but wow, was I wrong. You are both GENIUS! Can’t wait to try it. Thank you for you inspiration & ingenuity!

8. says

Know what? I’ve been making pancakes with garbanzo bean flour lately. I just had some chocolate-berry ones today with little 100% dark chocolate chunks in it! Heavenly….I also make a Pumpkin Pie Socca-pancake thing-LOVE IT!

9. says

ummm…holy wow! I was just yesterday contemplating the delicious socca I had made and WISHING for the same texture, but the flavour of chocolate. I am making this tomorrow! probably for breakfast! so excited!

10. says

That was a pretty bold title and I thought to myself, “really? it will change my life???” then I scrolled down and I might be convinced. I’d bet that would be wonderful with some almond butter and coconut flakes. Like a “mounds” bar socca. Excellent photos too!

11. says

Oh, chocolate socca, now there’s a revolutionary concept! I’m loving the possibilities over here… I can just imagine all kinds of dessert sandwiches or pizzas coming from this!

12. says

After the comment one of you left on my blog about the socca, I came to check out your recipes. I laughed when I saw that you have a whole tribute to it!! I already mentioned on the blog I want to make a chocolate version. Too funny! Your recipes and the socca sandwich look great. Off to check your pumpkin butter recipe now!

• says

Kelsey, we feel serving size is personal preference and how much ones body can handle, since we are all different. But for us we tend to split the socca.

13. Diana says

I tried making this today, and didn’t particularly enjoy it – I think I must have done something wrong (I followed your recipe, so I’m not sure what it was). Either that or I just don’t like the taste of anything baked with chickpea flour. I know that the batter is supposed to taste nasty before it’s cooked, but even when it was fully baked, my socca wasn’t as delicious as I had hoped. Do you have any suggestions to help me with my socca baking skills?

• says

Diana – garbanzo bean flour does have a distinct flavor, so that could be it. People either love it or not. So not sure if was flavor or texture for you. You could try doing half of garbanzo bean flour with half of another flavor and see if the flavor is more balanced. Baking the socca in different oils also can change the flavor, so maybe use a different oil, either coconut oil or olive oil.

• Diana says

OK, that must be it! Hopefully it is an acquired taste, as it would be a shame not to try some more socca creations. Thanks for your help – I will definitely use your suggestions when I make it again.

14. Indre says

Girls, does the socca have to be wet inside? the top was with nice crust, the bottom not, and inside it was wet .. and it seemed little bit gummy. I think maybe it was too much water 1,5 cup.. as in your all photos of soccas it seems that it all should be crusty, dry, like crackers… no? please, calm me down :) thank you!

• says

Indre socca is supposed to be similar to a flatbread/pancake/crepe/bread like texture it is not really a cracker texture. It can be soft both on outside and inside, depends how much water, how much oil and what size pan. All play a factor in making socca. It is slighly soft and wet on the inside. You might just have to play around with the water ratios till you find the style you like best for socca.

• Indre says

Thank you Girls. Just did one sweet socca as a crepe in a pan, and just finished with my cacao drink :) Yummy :)