The socca that will change your life

Are you sitting down?

This post will change your life….okay well at least this recipe did for us ;)

Remember Gena’s and Angela’s life changing recipe posts??

The twins present you with:

DSC_0131

SWEET. SAVORY. CHOCOLATE. DESSERT. SOCCA.

Pure2raw recipe: Dessert Socca Sandwich Stack

DSC_0025

DSC_0028

Mix in a bowl.

DSC_0029

DSC_0033 DSC_0034

DSC_0038 DSC_0039

DSC_0047 Sorry for the messy bowl!

Pour socca batter into hot oil (coconut oil, about 2 -3 tbsp).

DSC_0049 Be careful here,hot oil!

DSC_0053 Have oven pre-heated to 400 degrees.

Place chocolate cardamom socca into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Prepare next ingredients, which we used to layer our dessert socca sandwich stack.

DSC_0062 Fresh mint, fresh basil, roasted kabocha squash, and pumpkin butter.

DSC_0071

Time to play with food build dessert socca sandwich stack!

DSC_0083

DSC_0087

Layers of sweet and savory socca…

DSC_0085

DSC_0088

mixed in with chocolate and cardamom….

DSC_0098 DSC_0101

DSC_0104

pumpkin butter

DSC_0105

fresh mint…

DSC_0107

roasted kabocha squash…

DSC_0111

DSC_0112

fresh basil…

DSC_0116

need we say more

DSC_0122

this was AMAZING. Just when we thought socca was just socca, now it is  so much more ;) We have made a socca stack before, but this dessert socca stack was life changing!!

Layers of pure goodness…Dessert Socca Sandwich Stack!

DSC_0126 DSC_0130

Can I eat it now sis?

DSC_0152

DSC_0153

Dig in!

DSC_0163

DSC_0168

Please do yourself a favor and go make this, and let us know what you think!!

We just loved the flavor combination here…mostly savory with just a little bit of sweetness ; )

And thanks everyone for the comments and tweets about our new header!!!!

Till next time,

L & M

Pure2raw twins

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

65 Responses to The socca that will change your life

1. Sarah says:

YUMMMMMMM!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

2. Oh, wow! I love Cardamom and Cacao together. I make muffins with this combo often. Can’t wait to try it with socca. Keep up the great work, ladies.

3. Heathy says:

This looks sooo scrumptious! I’m especially loving the photo montage :) xoxo

4. Looks so yummy! Curious, what inspired you guys to start experimenting with soccer? I’ve never had it before but would love to try at some point :)

• Pure2 says:

Sarah, Lori got hooked on socca when she was traveling in southern France – Nice area. I guess socca is very popular there and she tried and fell in love!! Now we make it all the time here ;)

5. Lauren says:

Love the new header! This post is so yum!!! The pictures are classic too! :) Thanks for sharing!

6. Tamikko says:

Love it! I can’t wait to try this. Not only does the recipe sound delicious but the great pictures really tell a great story by themselves. You guys really had a lot of fun with this one :) I think I’m going to try mine with cinnamon and coconut another time :)
    Great recipe and great picts of almost dropping the socca stack LOL

7. VeggieGirl says:

I gotta say holy yum to that! :D

8. Oh YUM! Looks delicious and perfect!

9. Dessert socca?!? Yum! I love the pictures too!

10. Eimear Rose says:

Oh wow, chocolate socca! I think it would be AMAZING with Gena’s banana soft serve too:) I’m also thinking layering with pureed chestnuts would be a fantastic Thanksgiving/Christmas version!

11. Chocolate socca? Genius!! And I love roasted kobucha squash! I bet that combo was delicious!

I might have to try spreading that chocolate socca with layers of coconut butter frosting and eat it like a layer cake. ;) YUM!!

Love the new header, too!

12. omigod its like a flat gluten-free chocolate cake! bravo, well done! :)

13. BIOCHEMISTA says:

Oh my gosh!!! This looks amazing. Where do you find garbanzo flour??

PS..you two are so cute!!! :)

14. bitt says:

Mmm chocolate! We’ll have to try this next time. Thanks for the idea.

15. Deb says:

Wow, a little socca food concept goes a long, long way! Your latest sweet-n-savory (chocolate!) version looks quite yummy! I think you two should consider opening up a socca-eria! :)

I’m curious—have you ever tried making socca in the dehydrator?

• Pure2 says:

Deb – thank you!!! We have not tried socca in dehydrator,maybe when we make sprouted chickpeas again we will try, but honestly it will be hard to get the same flavor and texture when done in oven. But we will give it a try here soon!.

16. Deb says:

Thanks for your quick feedback!

I once tried socca in the dehydrator, but, it turned out to be just a big flat flop. :(

You’re right, it just did not have the same texture and flavor as the cooked version. But, I’m not giving up yet….I’ll let you know if I ever have any success with the “live socca” version. (And, if you ever try to experiment with this one, please let me know if you have any better luck!)

Thanks for your continued inspiration, ideas, and pure passion!

17. Lori says:

Gah! Oh wow! This post changed my life, already, and I haven’t even tasted this wondrous recipe! YUM YUM YUM. The colors alone on that plate is incredible. Winner, winner, Monday’s dinner! (hopefully!) ;)

18. Alisa says:

That looks so delicious. I can’t believe I still haven’t tried socca. Must get on that.

19. I love the header. I love LOVE the sequence of shots with the life changing dish. I love love LOVE that blogging shirt. And, finally, I love love love LOVE your guys’ blog. I really am sad I have missed out for so long.

20. Katie says:

Yum. Just that. Yum.

21. emma says:

Wow! So inventive! :-) x x x

22. You guys are geniuses. Just saying.

23. You guys should be called the SOCCA twins! hehe

i thought the squash was mango… wouldn’t that be SO GOOD!!!

24. joi says:

ohhhhmyygossh! Perhaps you should consider just starting a SOCCA BLOG. I can’t imagine how you come up with these combinations of flavor and putting it in a socca. I didn’t think the pumpkin socca could be topped, but wow, was I wrong. You are both GENIUS! Can’t wait to try it. Thank you for you inspiration & ingenuity!

25. Alex says:

Know what? I’ve been making pancakes with garbanzo bean flour lately. I just had some chocolate-berry ones today with little 100% dark chocolate chunks in it! Heavenly….I also make a Pumpkin Pie Socca-pancake thing-LOVE IT!

26. WOW! That looks amazing, you two rock!!! I can’t wait to try this and amazing pictures, they’re worth framing! :-)

27. MarathonVal says:

This reminds me that I STILL need to make your pumpkin socca… it’s been on my to-do list for weeks now. Thanks for the reminder ;)

28. Ainslie says:

ummm…holy wow! I was just yesterday contemplating the delicious socca I had made and WISHING for the same texture, but the flavour of chocolate. I am making this tomorrow! probably for breakfast! so excited!

29. Ilana says:

yummmmmmmmmmmmm I am drooling!!

30. Eden says:

That was a pretty bold title and I thought to myself, “really? it will change my life???” then I scrolled down and I might be convinced. I’d bet that would be wonderful with some almond butter and coconut flakes. Like a “mounds” bar socca. Excellent photos too!

31. wow. amazing recipe!!!!!!!!

and amazing photos. both of the food itself, the photo quality, the quantity, and of course, you!

everything looks great and i can tell the new camera is working out wonderfully for you!

32. Great photos girls! I still haven’t tried the socca, I have the ingredients, just haven’t made it. LOL!

33. Hannah says:

Oh, chocolate socca, now there’s a revolutionary concept! I’m loving the possibilities over here… I can just imagine all kinds of dessert sandwiches or pizzas coming from this!

34. OMG! First, I love your header!! Second, this is the most delicious, beautiful socca ever!! I love your pics…too cute. :)

35. Okay, SOLD!! Now that it has chocolate in it I HAVE to try it!!!

36. Oh wow. Life-changing, I’m sure! Cardamom is exquisite so i’m sure this is SO good. Well done!

37. I still have yet to try socca, but this combo looks delicious! I need to get my hands on some chickpea flour!

PS- The new header is fabulous.

38. how cooool! i’ve never had socca before so i’m SURE this would change my life!

39. Ashley says:

After the comment one of you left on my blog about the socca, I came to check out your recipes. I laughed when I saw that you have a whole tribute to it!! I already mentioned on the blog I want to make a chocolate version. Too funny! Your recipes and the socca sandwich look great. Off to check your pumpkin butter recipe now!

40. Just curious, what’s the normal serving size on this? Do you guys eat half each, one-third, what?

• Pure2 says:

Kelsey, we feel serving size is personal preference and how much ones body can handle, since we are all different. But for us we tend to split the socca.

41. Diana says:

I tried making this today, and didn’t particularly enjoy it – I think I must have done something wrong (I followed your recipe, so I’m not sure what it was). Either that or I just don’t like the taste of anything baked with chickpea flour. I know that the batter is supposed to taste nasty before it’s cooked, but even when it was fully baked, my socca wasn’t as delicious as I had hoped. Do you have any suggestions to help me with my socca baking skills?

• Pure2 says:

Diana – garbanzo bean flour does have a distinct flavor, so that could be it. People either love it or not. So not sure if was flavor or texture for you. You could try doing half of garbanzo bean flour with half of another flavor and see if the flavor is more balanced. Baking the socca in different oils also can change the flavor, so maybe use a different oil, either coconut oil or olive oil.

• Diana says:

OK, that must be it! Hopefully it is an acquired taste, as it would be a shame not to try some more socca creations. Thanks for your help – I will definitely use your suggestions when I make it again.

42. Indre says:

Girls, does the socca have to be wet inside? the top was with nice crust, the bottom not, and inside it was wet .. and it seemed little bit gummy. I think maybe it was too much water 1,5 cup.. as in your all photos of soccas it seems that it all should be crusty, dry, like crackers… no? please, calm me down :) thank you!

• Pure2 says:

Indre socca is supposed to be similar to a flatbread/pancake/crepe/bread like texture it is not really a cracker texture. It can be soft both on outside and inside, depends how much water, how much oil and what size pan. All play a factor in making socca. It is slighly soft and wet on the inside. You might just have to play around with the water ratios till you find the style you like best for socca.

• Indre says:

Thank you Girls. Just did one sweet socca as a crepe in a pan, and just finished with my cacao drink :) Yummy :)

43. Meg says:

I am making this ASAP :) love you
    Meg recently posted..Thankful Thursday 12/06My Profile

44. Hanna says:

I am definitely going to make this soon. Did ya’ll use a 10in spring form pan?

45. Colette @ JFF says:

Mint, chocolate, cardamom, squash/pumpkin…that’s just crazy interesting. Can’t wait to taste it!
    Colette @ JFF recently posted..Orange Sweetness: Who Dunnit?My Profile